Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviation's most beautiful view

Absolutely awesome pics above! I did note that you used a camera with a rather good low light performance

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So is this a competition now for “most beautiful view”? Because I cannot chose one, they are all stunning! Thanks a lot for sharing!

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Peter, yes I do not post much as I am pretty busy with work and trying to struggle through my CBIR in the mean time too. Hope to have a little more time soon to spend a couple of months on just training for the IR (still working on the theory part so no flying yet). I did post those pictures on the forum before and also in a blogpost here

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I’m totally stunned by the quality of the submissions that followed my poor efforts. But to answer the question, the Blue Ridge photos were taken out of Roanoke, Virginia, routing up to Springfield, West Virginia, which was as far as the weather would permit. Now in Kansas City in a hotel room that’s occasionally above the cloud base!

Anyway, a few more:

The rolling hills of Kentucky; the ‘Mighty Mo’ (Mississippi); and right base for rwy 1, Kansas City Downtown.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

I’m very fortunate in being able to legally fly in many places others could only dream of. My favourite is the dusk photo turning final at Derry, Ireland with the fog rolling-in over the lough.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 20 May 18:01
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Dave, I really love your last two. Where are they?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Colm, the first is the bottom end of the Great Glen, abeam Oban looking NE with Ben Nevis right of the nose. The second is turning final at Derry/Eglington looking NW towards Donegal on a November evening – we beat the fog by about 10 minutes.

A couple more from the same day:

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 20 May 20:15
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

italien alps

entering austrian alps

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 20 May 21:05
fly2000

These are not mine, but it is worth having a look at. This guy, Tis Meier, is one of the most talented photographers I know.

http://www.planepics.org/cms/zep

Also worth looking at his other trip reports.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Love the Manhattan photos – awesome!

What was going on with the A380 on the runway?

Sign in to add your message