Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What do you hear in the Bose A20 headset with Bluetooth?

Txs. Well the cable/mic assembly exchange was at that time done in Purmerend, Netherlands and I don´t knwo if they maybe run a Bose service there aswell – but OK, maybe it´s fine if I keep it closer to the mouth for better voice/squelch input.

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

All Bose headsets I’ve had needed the mike close to the mouth.

There was a mike problem on the Bose X, many years ago, which Bose UK didn’t honour, and I suspect only Bose US did (exchanged thousands of mikes for free) although maybe Germany did too (no idea).

Lightspeed Zulu 3, not only can you call & listen to music, but you could use their app to record sound on your I—thingy… Bluetooth

Looks like Lightspeed implemented that BT feature for “serving sound” (no idea what it is called but it will be well known).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Anybody who can recommend a Bose service station or how to deal with a Bose A20 when Tower mentioned that my transmission comes over a bit quiet? After repositioning the mic very close to the lips it was told to be better. I remember an older thread that the A20 dealt with a mic problem, however I took part in this formner Bose exchange call but could it be that the mic became faulty again after a while?

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

I use the A20 with Spotify on iPhone and works great. The sound quality is truly impressive. You can also make and receive phone calls. If you use Foreflight, you will also hear all the sounds and warning from the app.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Now, if you had a Lightspeed Zulu 3, not only can you call & listen to music, but you could use their app to record sound on your I—thingy… Bluetooth or using the cable they supply

Last Edited by skydriller at 17 May 19:05

I don’t think this has been achieved. If you do a search for

sound recording

you find various threads, and I don’t think the required profiles are supported in these BT devices. However I am not a BT expert; try to avoid it because it so often doesn’t work

It would be good if it worked, to use a Bose A20 as the “transmitter” and some BT phone as a “receiver”. Currently, I record the ATC etc sound for my flying videos with a MP3 recorder connected via an adaptor to a headset socket.

It can be done with other devices i.e. there are gadgets which connect into the audio (intercom, or a headset socket) and transmit the audio over BT, so a BT headset can hear it. That is how you get airspace/etc warnings from tablets into a headset. But obviously it needs to be powered somehow so it is yet another thing which needs charging.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

resurrecting this not too old thread…

I mostly fly solo, which means I have a spare headset outlet, use a Bose A20 with bluetooth which works perfect to either listen to music or making the odd call for PN or PPR ( ) all whilst connected to my iPhone 12 mini equipped only with a lightning connector.
And I’d like to record cockpit communications only (no video for which I have other sources), as in ATC in/out, on my iPhone… my thinking was that since I’m able to have audio in/out via bluetooth, I should be able to record the same audio on the iPhone. Yeah well, that would be too easy, would it not…

Anyone here having success and willing to share their set-up?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

We have both the Leosounds kit and A20.

(…) the Lesounds solution has to be USB recharged, so it can not be left in the aircraft forever.
The button on the Leosounds are on the headset where you can not see them. 

Are you sure you refer to the Leosounds adapter? Mine is powered via the headset, and the only button is located on a box mounted conveniently at the cable.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Marcel wrote:

+1 for Bose QC25 with an adapter. I have one from Leosounds:

We have both the Leosounds kit and A20.

The A20 is a bit nicer as it can be powered from the aircraft as the Lesounds solution has to be USB recharged, so it can not be left in the aircraft forever.
The Leosounds solution is a bit more cables, connectors etc.
The button on the Leosounds are on the headset where you can not see them. So unless you do this all the time finding the right one is more difficult. Switching on the Leosounds unit of a child which does not give proper feedback is a pain while you can see the status LED and volume level directly on the A20 control.

But the Leosounds solution is only 1/3 the price. I have flown with it and it works very well. So if money is an issue go for the Leosounds solution and get a very nice headset. If money does not matter and you can power it from the aircraft go for the A20 and have have a little more integrated overall solution.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Have you heard directly from someone using these kits? Are they really comparable to a pair of A20s?

+1 for Bose QC25 with an adapter. I have one from Leosounds:
https://aviation.leosounds.de/Shop/de/product_info.php?info=p4_avmike-1-2.html
Actually I don’t feel notable differences to my Bose A20….

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland
60 Posts
Sign in to add your message