Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

The total cost of a visit to an airport, indeed, is not substantially reduced.
FRAPORT Reduced the pre VAT prices as follows:
Up to 1200Kg MTOW : 75% reduction
1201 to 2000Kg MTOW : 50% reduction
2001 upwards : no reduction

On top of these you add, 24% VAT, Handler’s disbursement fee to pay Fraport, Handler’s PPR processing fee, Handling cost (the greatest portion of the invoice), per passenger 12 Euro CAA fees, Handler’s disbursement fee to pay CAA, That’s how it unfortunately adds up …

Last Edited by petakas at 19 May 19:08
LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

The total cost of a visit to an airport, indeed, is not substantially reduced.
FRAPORT Reduced the pre VAT prices as follows:
Up to 1200Kg MTOW : 75% reduction
1201 to 2000Kg MTOW : 50% reduction
2001 upwards : no reduction

My MTOW is below 2000 kg, so the fee charged by FRAPORT must have been reduced by 50% since February. Does the first line in the invoice which I posted (154,68 euro) represent the amount charged by FRAPORT? In this case, it must be twice that in the invoice from February (unfortunately I did not save it). Although this time I had a passenger and this added about 18 euro to the fee. That is, in February the landing fee must be (155-18)*2 = 274 euro which is apparently not true given the total bill of 308 euro.

LCPH, Cyprus

Dear @Valentin

I suggest the following, go here and download the
Rhodes Airport (RHO) / Charge update effective as of 1/4/2019
https://www.fraport-greece.com/eng/our-expertise-and-services/aviation/airport-charges

You can calculate it on your own by putting in landing fee, parking fee, (Fraport)passenger security fee, etc. and account for 24% VAT
The amount you will get is the FRAPORT part.
All the rest is handler’s stuff.

Row 1 is Fraport the part including VAT (handler does not add VAT there because Fraport do)
Row 2 is the cost of the PPR by handler +VAT
Row 3 is the disbursement fee by handler to pay Fraport +VAT
Row 4 is the basic handling by SKYSERV +VAT
The AIRPORT LANDING fees mentioned are in essence Airport(Fraport) Fees and they include VAT.

I can not know what FRAPORT charged you in February.
What is known is the different charges they implemented for light aircraft from April 2019 and the 2018 ones are still there posted for someone to check.

I attach you both 2018 and 2019 prices (the PDF’s from the above link) so you compare them. If you see, each airport has two links for download. First is the old prices, second is the 2019 update.

Last Edited by petakas at 20 May 07:44
LGMG Megara, Greece

Apparently, they charged me the landing fee according to the old price list (100 euro + VAT instead of 50). I emailed them to make recalculation. Thank you, Petakas!

LCPH, Cyprus

Yes, then this then is a HANDLER’s mistake.
In such cases they reimburse the mistake to the account IBAN you will give them.

LGMG Megara, Greece

That is what happens when there are no repercussions for handlers that make such “mistakes”.

They will keep doing the “mistakes” and only refund the ones that are stubborn enough to crawl through the mud and try to dig out the prices.

Engaging in such behaviour should be illegal with heavy penalties, these companies are obviously laughing at our expense all the way to the bank.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

the ones that are stubborn enough to crawl through the mud and try to dig out the prices

… and the ones who will send them a dozen of reminder emails for the refund.
They process the refund in the end but only if you insist.
LGMG Megara, Greece

I don’t know. I think you underestimate how stupid they might be.

That’s general a observation of mine. Many times where I (or somebody else) was charged too much I asked myself if it was done on purpose or not. And very often, it turned out that it was a sheer oversight. Too much und too quick information nowadays. So, these days, I tend to generally not allege ill intent. Errare humanum est. That’s just life.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I don’t disagree, it’s probably pure good old ignorance.

But that doesn’t mean it is ok to do so. When you accept a task to collect money for a third party there is a certain responsibility that goes with it. What if banks started suddenly behaving like that? They should at least initiate paybacks on their own initiative when an error has been discovered, I strongly doubt this is what happens.

ESME, ESMS

Agree.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message