Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Graphical NOTAM sites

Another free alternate is my app – it works very well for Greek NOTAMs (restrictions/warnings) which are accurately defined by coordinates. I also offer the option to depict all NOTAMs in circles because sometimes the person issuing the NOTAM may make a mistake or two

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

I completely agree that solely specifying co-ordinates is anachronistic. Thankfully most of them are for kites to 1000 feet or captive balloons or cranes and can be reasonably disregarded if you’re planning a normal flight.

I have some sympathy in that an exclusion of 2nm centered on e.g. Newtown would not be very specific.

The issue seems to be that the NOTAM system is designed around the lowest common dominator. And that seems to be some countries still stuck with fax (or perhaps telex!) as their means of getting NOTAMS.

Of course it will be very easy to add a URL to the body of the NOTAM linking to a map showing the restricted area graphically. It doesn’t break the system for those using fax/telex, but adds something for those using the internet.

Of course it would be a little more time consuming for those generating the NOTAM, but that might help discourage useless NOTAMs ;) Benefits all around :)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The very nice UK one has just died

http://metutil.appspot.com/static/maps/48HourWarningRestrictionMap.htm

What are the current free options?

This site seems to be still up, but it is clumsy to use because when you have many overlapping notam circles (the usual case) you cannot remove them once you have seen them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

NOTAM Info

SkyDemon Light

Last Edited by stevelup at 18 Jul 08:35

CZ only but offical information garanteed by ANSP

http://aisview.rlp.cz

LKKU, LKTB

I wonder why he dropped them? They were very nice indeed, and covered many other countries apart from the UK.

I was aware of his sites for
UK
Ireland
France
Netherlands & Belgium
Germany
Italy
Greece
Bulgaria
Turkey
Japan

EIWT Weston, Ireland

My site can be used, too, especially for Greece.

www.aopa.gr/aerogis

Last Edited by atmilatos at 18 Jul 11:45
LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

NOTAMs in the app store free from Roeland van der Speck
nice view of related notams on a preview route shows it on google maps

fly2000

Which app store is this in?

There are major issues in converting notams to graphics, due to various coordinate formatting etc, so one needs to use a source which is reasonably well tested.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message