Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What is the Remotest Place That You've Flown to?

This this is just a fun topic. As the title says, what’s the remotest place that you’ve flown to?

If you have a photo of it, then please share!

I’m afraid mine isn’t all that remote at all, and I’m sure there are plenty much further afield. But just to get you started, for me the remotest is the Outer Hebrides, off the west coast of Scotland. The remotest that I’ve landed at is probably Benbecula or one of the islands south of it (Coll, Colonsay or Glenforsa).

Benbecula

Another from Benbecula. I’m always fascinated by the house in this photo. Living there would be so different to anything that I know.

So please, share your remotest places!

Colm

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Between the top of Death Valley and Owens Lake, there is a short strip that otherwise is 4 hours off the main highway on boulder strewn tracks. You don’t see much else than off-roaders and dirt bikes around there. This is Saline Valley and the Chicken Strip!

But Kulusuk in Eastern Greenland is the furthest I’ve been from an alternate or almost anything else for that matter.

Last Edited by Mark_1 at 13 Aug 21:16
KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Unfortunatly don’t have the pics to hand now, but the two remotest places were Birdsville in Australia and Tsumkwe in Namibia.

Not an awful lot around either place……

Just around the corner of Benbecula – Sollas Beach. A place I found thanks to Boscos extremely helpful “Flying in UK”.

+ a video of the approach and landing.

Flying over Iceland and the Lofoten we felt pretty remote as well …

EDNW, Germany

Probably the back country Idaho

Andreas IOM

To Er-Rachidia in Morocco, and to Long Island, Bahamas…

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Garden Road, South Africa!

@Neil what a/d is that? BGKK Kulusuk, any chance?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

what a/d is that? BGKK Kulusuk, any chance?

Not BGKK, that’s gravel. It looks more like Narsarsuaq to me.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message