Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Map showing French official Ports of Entry

For Nice, regarding VAC, I think there is VFR operationnal times. VFR are a bit restricted (and not welcome) specially because Cannes is the dedicated airport for GA.
A bit like Bron with Saint Exupery for Lyon.

In the same spirit of what you did and for the ones who don’t know :

http://carte.f-aero.fr/carte-aero-v2/

it’s the official IGN ICAO french map. there is posibilities to display lot of different kind of data using the right panel.

specially VAC or approach charts…. very useful

In French – appologize.

PPG

PPG
LFNV

That’s a great online chart, @PPG. Very useful. I use it for France now… stopped buying the SIA chart package from the SIA shop.

Is that your site?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think that’s an official site @Peter (PPG can confirm).

Last Edited by Vladimir at 27 Aug 11:56
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

No, it is private. The guy behind it has also developed a few apps that are widely used in France, one is called CAVOK.

Rw20 is right

this guy is very efficient for aero apps. CAVOK HD on apple store is the one I use for flight preparation (very good and useful). He developed this maps with a contribution (I guess) of FFA (french aero association).
there is only two official sites in france :

one for the AIP :

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/

the other one for flight preparation (weather, notam, FP)

http://olivia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/

both has english webpages.

PPG

PPG
LFNV

@ David: thanks, very useful; shows that there actually are quite a few options to get to France (and thus Schengenland) from the UK

@ PPG: very impressive chart with the various overlays!

I have moved the Olivier Duque posts here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi guys.

I might have a good news about Pontoise, the notam ended yesterday and today no new Notam about custom suspended.
It’s maybe a mistake (it’s already hapend) let’s what a few days to see…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I did not find any NOTAM either.

The AIP says:

MAR- SAM / TUE – SAT : PN 24 HR
SUN, MON and HOL : O/R before 1700 on the last working day .
“TEL : 01 47 98 28 20 – FAX : 01 47 98 62 99.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 11 Sep 12:15
LFPT, LFPN

Nice is the last place I would take a light aircraft and I don’t think they would welcome you as fitting you into the stream of airliners and high end biz jets would be a problem, the last time I went there we had a lot of radar vectoring over the sea at 3000 ft to get us into the 180KT stream for visual approach. I like the place as it gives me the chance to hand fly the 79 ton jet ( annual Funchal training in the sim next week…… That’s fun as well !)

I have used Cannes a number of times in light aircraft, there is a cheap hotel on site and the old town is only a short taxi ride away.

My favorite French Tech stop is Troyes, customs, fuel, coffee, flight plan & a pee all inside 25 min, and all a reasonable price. Tours was like that and with a good restaurant……… Until about fifteen years back they knocked down the Art Deco terminal and replaced it with something that looks like a branch of IKEA along with plastic vending machine food, but I guess it’s still good for a splash & dash.

Sign in to add your message