Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

Hi there,
check out www.flugzeugversicherung.aero

They have an English language version and say explicitly that your tail number does not matter to them.
They provide quotes online (quite competitive) for certain countries (here your home address matters),
for other countries they say that you have to call them (this may be the case for Spain).
This may be worth a try if you can’t find a good insurance broker in Spain.
Hope this helps

AJ
Germany
Visicover are also easy and can quote online.
EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

Visicover are also easy and can quote online.

Seems to only be available to

Denmark Finland Ireland Norway Sweden United Kingdom
EHLE, Netherlands

Thanks, I will clarify this with my club.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ok, I’ve got quotes from Haywards, AviAnt (through EMPOA), VFS Heinz Gruemmer, Fernando Urquía, and another privately recommended.

AviAnt and Haywards came out on top with the lowest premiums (AviAnt is the lower of the two).

Only Haywards included a small amount that covers me (as pilot) in case of an accident. Is this normal? AviAnt can offer it at an additional premium but the others did not offer it.

EHLE, Netherlands

I have an N-reg DA40 [regrettably for sale now, due to loss of medical] but I would recommend Haywards. I have had two claims in 10 years (mechanical failures resulting in significant claims) and Haywards have been exemplary in paying out, with zero excess both times.

EGGD Bristol, United Kingdom

DA40drvr wrote:

Haywards have been exemplary in paying out

Thanks. They seem to get a lot of good opinions around here.

EHLE, Netherlands

I am aware, as are most here, that we are penalised in many ways compared to CAT but I was very surprised that the commercial boys are EXEMPTED from IPT (Insurance Premium Tax). Just another hit on GA I suppose, but with the IPT now at 12% it does add considerably to everyones costs. I have asked AOPA to make representations on this and every AOPA member perhaps will consider doing the same.

UK, United Kingdom

I am based in the czech republic, last year as the plane was new to me I got a quote through the european mooney group association, now 60 hours of PPL later (did not get to fly as much as I wanted this year) I got the renewal quote which is the same amount as last year, should’nt there be a no claims bonus or some such?
What are my options for shopping around in the EU ?

Last Edited by aidanf123 at 03 Sep 13:01

I think the no claims bonus depends what you current contract says. Usually there is a list of approved insurance companies in the local CAA. In my case, I just asked for a quote from the same company the previous owner had insured the plane and got a reasonable offer. The contract also promises 20% bonus for next year for no claims. (betaaviation.dk).

EETU, Estonia
Sign in to add your message