Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA Journey Log requirements

Martin wrote:

One could ask ICAO directly, perhaps they still have some oldtimers around.

They’d have to be pretty old to recall the regulatory intent. The journey log requirement is in the Chicago Convention 1944 itself.

bookworm wrote:

They’d have to be pretty old to recall the regulatory intent. The journey log requirement is in the Chicago Convention 1944 itself.

I know (hence ancient). And memory doesn’t exactly improve with age. And this seems rather unimportant to stick in ones memory. Still, the old hands are more likely to know.

Last Edited by Martin at 22 Nov 15:30

Has anyone heard any credible report of anyone being required to produce a journey log, in Europe?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Has anyone heard any credible report of anyone being required to produce a journey log, in Europe?

The Swedish Transport Agency did an inspection on one of our aircraft this past summer and they wanted to see the journey log.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

we have been asked for it, see here Of course I don’t know what would have happened if we didn’t have had it.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Peter wrote:

The French BGTA (Gendarmerie Transport Arien) will request the journey log as a matter of routine in the course of an incident investigation.

Most recent example is a client that had a prop strike during landing in Toulouse.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Peter wrote:

I have been asked to show one at Schwabisch Hall EDTY. By a great stroke of luck I had one with me :)

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

It is on the list of required documents to be carried in NL

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

It is on the list of required documents to be carried in NL

Required all over Europe (EASA) and also by ICAO.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

Required all over Europe (EASA) and also by ICAO.

Again (and again ) ICAO only recommends national laws to that effect for aircraft making international flights.

Sign in to add your message