Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Thanks. Your videos looked too good to be Go-pro.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Current model action cams will easily achieve an amazing video image quality – 4K at 100mbps is way higher than anything which you could host on a video hosting website, or (if played from the hard disk) playable on anything less than a top-end PC with a top-end video card. The main challenges are

• geometric distortion
  • getting the sound track recorded / synced with the video
  • mounting
  • powering for the required length of time
  • for hardcore users, ice protection
  • generating a video which looks “ok” when uploaded on Youtube or Vimeo
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very nice one that drone video, Robert. I have friend who’s a drone fanatic and now that I’m on a private field…
So when you finally make it over here, you want some footage too?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Someone suggested I put this on here, rather than the thread about EGLC.

My pax was looking at the view, not the viewfinder, so it’s not great, but it is good Central London taster.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Here’s a silly little video shot with a phone. With a proper camcorder, 1/80 manual shutter, the prop would be gone and it would look a lot better. Quite scenic though, and one could cheat by editing down the exposure and making it look really dark and mysterious

Administrator

Are we allowed videos?

Forever learning
EGTB

This is a flying video with a difference

Administrator

Here’s two videos from my field in Mallorca, that is owned by a great guy called Joan Socias. He was born with wings, flies anything that resembles an aircraft (and doesn’t), designs them, builds them and does everything that the law of physics says isn’t possible. Luckily he has a squadron of guardian angels of which one is always on duty.

Joan got into aerobatics, initially with his home-built very light single seater. Because of the extremely low weight and his ability, he won many prizes here in Spain. But of course ‘the real stuff’ was something he aspired, so he regularly went to the national championships, pleading one of the Sukhoi or Extra heroes if he could lend one of them for an hour to do some some training, and asking if he could compete the next day in one. Well, everyone had a warm feeling for Joan so that was fine of course. And then he beat most of the contenders the next day! Some may have some less warm feelings now

Joan had a bit of a windfall recently and finally lived the dream: bought an Extra 300, actually pre-owned by Walther Extra i believe. Luckily it came with some GoPro attachment points so we could not wait to stick some cameras on. Camera 1 got sick after the first turn and pointed downwards, but the other ones held on, although were rather pale afterwards. Enjoy seeing Joan, not your typical Red Bull Aero Hero, and certainly not with the right glasses, for some a real air work..

But I’m afraid you’ll first have to witness me in my humble Bristell, doing some relaxing pre-sunset flying when the light it at its best and the atmosphere calm (i.e. way after Son Bonet closes down).

WARNING: you may fall asleep with my video, but don’t worry, you’ll be wide awake after seeing Joans’.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart great videos

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

LFPL, France
Sign in to add your message