Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Greeting from a new member of this forum. I am perhaps better known as 2Donkeys on PPRUNE and the Flyer Forums and I fly my own Piper Lance, N101DW from Cambridge (EGSC).

I make occasional videos of my flying around Europe which I publish to Youtube on my channel ‘N101DW’. The most recent, an IFR Flight from Cannes to ELBA (LIRJ) is attached here:

EGSC Cambridge, United Kingdom

Hi Nigel. Have been enjoying your vidoes for some time.

Re that danger area: in places other than the Uk, there is no prohibition at all wrt flying through active danger areas. You could have just crossed it at own risk. They don‘t have the money to do any manoeuvers anyway.

That‘s why the FISO did‘nt give a more helpful reply to you.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Welcome to EuroGA, Nigel

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

other than the Uk, there is no prohibition at all wrt flying through active danger areas

The same is true in the UK, save for those Danger Areas that are associated with Bylaws governing their establishment. My position was less legalistic and more risk-sensitive!!

Thanks for the welcome!

EGSC Cambridge, United Kingdom

Personally, with all the real risks involved in flying, really don‘t see any appreciable risk in flying through active danger areas. I have never heard of an aircraft being hit by something or similar whilst flying through such area. Well, maybe that‘s because few people do cross them…

Anyway, in some places in Europe, they are just too big to avoid at all times. Corsica/Sardinia being one of them.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Another Shoreham to Mali Losinj (and back, partly) video. No ATC, cut for the more interesting scenery. Some “funny business” over the Alps…

Administrator

Here is one from Marina di Campo on Elba (LIRJ), last week. It was our first experiment with the camera mounted beneath the wing.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

That’s excellent, and shows how much better a result is obtained with an external camera.

The only very small point I would mention is that there is a tiny bit of jello – a jelly-like vibration. What camera was it? I had to disable optical image stabilisation on my X3000 to stop the jello.

Administrator

It’s an X3000 and I’ve already watched the video. The jello annoyed us too. I was hoping to get along without the mod, but I’ll probably have to do it.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Not mine, but I know the pilot. In fact he visited us a few weeks before his Atlantic crossing for a cup of coffee in our hangar.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
Sign in to add your message