Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Here is a little one, this time with a corny sound track

I am rapidly running out of suitable (or unsuitable) music…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is a 7hr+ video edited down to about 20 minutes

That’s impressive ! I recently recorded a couple of videos with my newly acquired GoPro. Immediate unnerving result was a series of 17.42 minutes videos, each ca. 4 GB…. How in heaven do you compress a 7hr video ?

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

I would recommend you start a thread under IT/Website entitled something like Editing flying videos. Describe your workflow (if any) and then various people will chuck in how they do it.

One doesn’t “compress” a video as such; one edits out the boring parts. One can compress the timeline horizontally (speed up the video) and sometimes that has a place but IMHO assuming you want to create a video which somebody wants to watch more than once then time compression is best avoided for flying movies because anything other than solid straight and level looks un-natural.

But on your exact Q I can point you to a couple of threads here and here The 2nd one is a fine example of a typical “user community support forum” where the principal (Sony) doesn’t give a t0ss and lets a couple of fanbois dominate it.

The 4GB chunks (with my FDR-1000V settings I get 22 minutes in each one; I guess you are doing 25mbits/sec at 30FPS) don’t really affect editing the movie. You just load them all into the editor. The breaks between them do cripple some editing functions though.

Have you already sold the FDR-1000V for £2? That has a mode where it writes out one big file.

Administrator

Brac to Shoreham, direct

The camera got iced up and didn’t thaw out until mostly over the Alps.

Vimeo downsamples everything to about 5mbits/sec but if you go there and select Download you get the full size mp4.

Administrator

This is a landing at Rørvik (ENRM) yesterday in sparkling autumn weather, but with a cold cross wind. The camera was mounted on the left wing tip. They landed a minute after me. The GA guys at Rørvik arranged a spontaneous fly-in yesterday.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Better weather than we had yesterday – OVC300 and 1500-3000 vis.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Nice landing (don’t know if this gif works here)

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Nice landing (don’t know if this gif works here)

Braking action poor.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Here’s one of the flight Burgos to Shoreham. It stops before La Rochelle because the camera SD card filled up (I forgot to clear it before the flight). But it shows the most scenic bits. The ATC sound track is on it, showing the IFR flight interaction

Administrator

Landing in Venice LIPV

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy
Sign in to add your message