Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Video of the flight Shoreham to Colmar with all the ATC calls left in, and me talking to myself edited out

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pretty epic Mig-21 tail strike as well as a bunch of North Korean aircraft. Also interesting at the Western acquisitions they pulled off.

EpicFSR wrote:

Pretty epic Mig-21 tail strike as well as a bunch of North Korean aircraft. Also interesting at the Western acquisitions they pulled off.

Looks like another simulator “video”, no?

I love sunset flights. After work I stopped by at the airfield. A beautiful evening, a beautiful sky, I couldn’t resist. 20 minute flight in golden sun light, landing the moment the sun dipped into the sea.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Shoreham to Oban VFR. A 2.5hr 400nm flight condensed into basically just the ATC radio calls.

Administrator

Shoreham to Jersey, VFR

Administrator

A contrast to Peter’s videos. Don’t try this on autopilot. Interesting difference in the turbulence effect on this video compared to the movement on Peter’s approach to Jersey. Aircraft was a Jodel DR1050. Camera was a Panasonic Lumix FT3 compact digital, on movie mode, on a tripod fixed to RH seat. I couldn’t see the screen while flying. Edited with Quicktime Pro, which doesn’t gently merge clips.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I can’t see any turbulence in yours, Maoraigh.

The X1000 camera I used was stabilised internally – in software, by sampling only a part of the sensor and moving that part around according to accelerometer signals. The new X3000 has both software and optical stabilisation but in 4K mode is I believe only optical (because 4K needs the whole sensor).

I am most surprised QT doesn’t do the crossfade transitions. That’s a really basic function.

Administrator

If it can, I haven’t found how to do it. There’s quite a lot of shake in parts of the video, and the worst bits have been cut. It was very bumpy in the middle bit, especially after turning into the sun.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

two raw videos of landings at destinations well known to most of you…
LJPZ:
https://goo.gl/photos/3pk9xBVwhmn2oXcQ9
LIPV:
https://goo.gl/photos/H1GNqs5sDeAAffP67

LKKU, LKTB
Sign in to add your message