Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

A drone should be able to reach almost 100 km/h, well above the lowest speed for a Cub. :)

In the Cub video, the drone was controlled by someone on the ground.

Last Edited by Fly310 at 29 Apr 08:57
ESSZ, Sweden

@Peter

Well done, exposure all spot on… that’s hard to do.

Thank you Peter! But I am still in the learning phase, and especially in bright sunlight it is hard to have an exposure that fits for the cockpit and the outside. The evening arrival in Horta was easier, as there was not much light any more :-)

I would have needed several goes to get that Atlantic departure clearance taken down!

Thnaks – but you are prepared, as this is most probably the same you have put in the flight plan. I was not expecting the long taxi clearance though ;-)

What is that large portrait display immediately to the right of the panel centreline?

This is the Garmin GTN 750.

Tina (aka Mrs. terbang)
Last Edited by dkbe at 29 Apr 14:24
EDFM, Germany

I can think of only two ways to get both the panel and the outside to show well:

• fly on an overcast day
  • shoot with a wide dynamic range camera (probably a modern DSLR), expose on the outside, and bring up the shadows (i.e. the panel) in the video editor

AFAICT, a lot of “pro” video footage is done with DSLRs nowadays, and it would work well in this case because you could just mount it firmly in the cockpit, and use a zoom lens to get the field of view just right. Also the geometric distortion is negligible which is a huge advantage over most “action cams”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NCPRIhmp6ah9TgnJ3

April trip to Konstanz and Prague, inc the Boat lift at Sarreburg

This is my second attempt to do a video. Now using two cameras. I think that three cameras will be even better.

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

This is very good. Very good quality and smooth – 60fps?

I would offer the following comments:

• Make the mount so the external camera is upright
  • Do more editing-out of long portions e.g. the taxi sections
  • Internally, reduce window reflections by not having bright objects reflecting (may need some dark rags)

The sound track is good. It’s hard to get much better.

Administrator

What camera are you using?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments Peter.
I have ordered a new mount that allows me to adjust the camera so that I will be upright. Will try it next time!
I’m trying to learn the features of the video editing program so that I can do some more editing and maybe fast forward some of that stuff
I’m thinking of getting a camera to put in the front of the cabin to record outside wiev and put this one a bit down so that you can se the G1000. What do you think about that?

@Maoraigh
I have a GoPro hero 3 on the wing and a GoPro Hero 3+ in the cabin.

-ESMP-
ESMP, ESMV

A thread on video editing software is here.

Opinions on fast playback will vary. Some regard it as fashionable, some don’t I have tried it and it just looks bad.

Administrator

A video of the flight Shoreham to La Rochelle, this weekend

Administrator
Sign in to add your message