Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Someone asked if I could share his video

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I flew about 40 stalls, and all configurations, in a modified Cessna 208B Grand Caravan yesterday. Here’s a video made by the Engineer who was right seat to me. It was a really bright day, so some instrument face reflections. But, you can see on each of the instruments what’s happening.

The requirement was to demonstrate the airplane with the modifications was “spin resistant” (equivalent level of safety). So (in accordance with an approved flight test plan and on a flight permit) I approached the stall configured with full flaps, 75% power, brought the plane to the stall, and as the nose dropped, applied full nose up control, and held it against the stop for at least three seconds. After that, I lowered the nose (Indeed, full nose down for a moment), and the bank angle could not exceed 60 degrees, which it did not. The slowest speed I saw on this stall was 41 KIAS (Cessna’s correction chart does not go that low, so KCAS not known). The airplane passed all of the stalls during the testing, though this was one of the more demanding.

As we were lighter weight, and a more aft C of G, a few of the stalls required full nose down control to be applied and held to initiate recovery. Other stalls I was required to demonstrate were with 30 bank, slipped one ball out, which the plane handled similarly well.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Impressive video @Pilot_DAR. Happens pretty quick!

Administrator

Impressive @pilot_dar and thank you for sharing

always learning
LO__, Austria

My Christmas present to myself. IFR flight followed by vfr patterns in a da40ng
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXTiVQL-OscAgcxB_jHUxqwLIZRxJ_2a5

always learning
LO__, Austria

My last flight of the year, took the Mooney grass stripping before it gets wet and swamped for 4months, it more than one month now and it looks like ages !

Quality is from a friend non-iPhone

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 Dec 12:34
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

More winter flying…

That is awesome footage – both in subject and the quality!

Video is much better than youtube for good results.

Where was it? Not a lot of snow there, but the Alps have had huge snowfalls lately.

Administrator

@lbra nice landing in the Mooney

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Peter
Position is a couple of miles east of Lech/Arlberg. The mountains you see are “Wetterspitze“ and “Parseierspitze“.

Sign in to add your message