Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Turbo Commander

Pretty amazing!

ESSZ, Sweden

Any idea why he didn’t stop when he heard the bang?

(We very nearly bought that one.)

EGKB Biggin Hill

From NTSB:

The pilot reported that, during takeoff, right as the airplane became airborne, a deer struck the fuselage on the right side. The pilot determined that they would not have sufficient runway remaining to land, so the pilot quickly performed a “controllability test”, which indicated that pitch control was abnormal. He determined that he was able to control the airplane enough to enter the traffic pattern and attempt a landing. The airplane landed hard, the pilot initiated reverse thrust, and taxied to the ramp without further incident.

Here’s interior video of N51DM before the damage. No money was spared on that interior and panel.

Here’s one on a budget…

Engines fresh from overhaul…

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=48638
planecheck_YU_BRV_48638_pdf

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

AdamFrisch wrote:

Let me know of you see any at the airports you frequent. And if you can snatch a reg number that would be greatly appreciated for the list!

D-IHSI 695

D-IHSI has been re-registered N980EE but as far as I’m aware, is still based in EDLN.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Here’s one on a budget…

Engines fresh from overhaul…

https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=48638
planecheck_YU_BRV_48638_pdf

That’s a 680FP, the pressurized piston model. I would stay away from one of those as they have systems that simply can’t be supported anymore, like the hydraulic pressurisation system. And if you don’t need pressurisation, it would be better to get a regular 680E or F model and gain a lot of useful load.

NinerEchoPapa wrote:

D-IHSI has been re-registered N980EE but as far as I’m aware, is still based in EDLN.

Tanks you Niner!

Just a cool shot of a member’s 690A doing a low pass over at the TC Forum.

Nice

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message