Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Project Propeller 2016

denopa wrote:

I’m going again this year! Picking up at Dunkeswell I think, so we can race to Scampton ;-)

Happy to do that! :)

EGTK Oxford

@JasonC @denopa
I’ll be attending again this year and shall look forward to meeting you both.

UK, United Kingdom

Thanks to all who supported the raffle in aid of the Bomber Command Association and Memorial.

The raffle was drawn yesterday by two Bomber Command Veterans, and you can see the video on the Project’s Facebook page:

Project Propeller Facebook

Prize Winners were as follows:

1st Prize (signed Lancaster print): Paul Sengupta
2nd Prize (signed Spitfire print): Ian Brierley
3rd Prize (Pencil sketch): Brian Mehlin
4th Prize (Oil Painting): Simon Holder
5th Prize (Lanc & veterans photo): Colin Sweetman

Winners will be contacted via e-mail.

A total of £885 was raised via ticket sales, and I will be paying this over to the Bomber Command Association shortly.

Hello everyone, just a short note to advise that I have another meeting with the RAF next week, essentially to make sure that everything is running to plan. I’ll report back further after that, but in the meantime, please read on:

Rostering gaps

I am still waiting for one large aircraft to declare availability, which will solve a lot of problems if available. However, I have the following definite gaps:

Goodwood: Wellington pilot and wife
Cardiff: Halifax flight engineer and companion

Please register if you can help, or spread the word if you can think of anyone who might be able to.

Insurance documents

If you haven’t already, please send your cover note, showing Crown Indemnity Cover – I’d appreciate a PDF, and the e-mail address to use is graham[at]projectpropeller.co.uk. Feel free to send me these even if I’ve asked you to land at Wickenby; if a gap opens up at Scampton, then it will be possible to transfer across without difficulty.

Contacting your veteran

I appreciate that you are awaiting more details of landing slots etc, but I’d appreciate it if you’d get in touch with your assigned veterans, if you haven’t done so already. This saves the need for me to chase you, and also reduces the number of calls I get from veterans who are starting to fret a little.

Current veteran numbers are at 259, of which all but 11 are rostered.

Last Edited by Grim_Reaper at 23 Apr 11:12

Good evening everyone.

Just a short note to advise that all active pilots should now have received their landing slot time at either Scampton or Wickenby. If you haven’t, please get in touch.

The release of the joining instructions has been delayed by unforeseen staffing issues on the RAF side, but a tremendous amount of goodwill is still in evidence, and I hope to see some forward movement on this soon.

You should have enough to begin tentative flight planning, and onward communication to your veterans; please don’t forget to advise me when you’re in touch with them, otherwise you’ll be getting a chaser

Insurance documents showing Crown Indemnity Cover should now be sent in as well, if not already done.

One of my next tasks is arranging landing / handling fee waivers for repositioning aircraft. Watch this space.

As ever, do fire any questions at me: graham[AT]projectpropeller.co.uk

Grim_Reaper wrote:

One of my next tasks is arranging landing / handling fee waivers for repositioning aircraft. Watch this space.

Exeter have very kindly waived mine.

EGTK Oxford

It’s T minus 25 days, Ladies and Gentlemen….

I’m pretty happy with the way things are going…however…..

1. If you’ve not contacted your veteran and advised me that you’re in touch with him, please do so now….

2. I’ve only received approximately 50% of insurance documents in respect of Scampton-bound aircraft. Please don’t make me have to chase 70+ pilots on an individual basis…… :-(

I am pressing as hard as I can for the release of joining instructions; the delay is not on my side. As soon as I have them, I will release them.

Do fire any questions at me, graham[AT]projectpropeller.co.uk

Just a short note to advise that I’ve been working on landing fee waivers. Below is the current position, and I’ll update this as and when replies come through:

Waivers in place

Bembridge
Bournemouth
Clacton
Conington
Coventry
Derby
Exeter
Gloucester
Leeds Bradford
Leicester
Rochester

Waivers requested

Beccles
Biggin Hill
Carlisle
Denham
Dunkeswell
Eaglescott
Earls Colne
Fairoaks
Fenland
Gamston
Goodwood
Haverfordwest
Lee-on-Solent
Lydd
Newcastle
Newquay
Norwich
Redhill
Seething
Sherburn
Shoreham
Sleap
Swansea
Sywell
Tatenhill
Tollerton

Pilots asked if required

Henlow
Henstridge
Southend
Strubby

E-mail bounce-backs

Old Sarum
Blackbushe

Does anyone have a contact at either of these two airfields, please?

Can anyone advise me how to edit the above post, which is going to be a lot better than posting another long list?

@Grim_Reaper – I think I am correct in saying that after two hours, members are not able to edit posts.

I think you now have two options:
1. Ask @Peter to edit it for you;
2. Copy and paste your original post and then edit as required.

I hope this helps (a bit)!

ILF

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message