Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Helsingborg, Sweden, any information?

I need to fly to Helsingborg, Sweden, but know little about how to fly there. I’ve been to Höganäs, a bit north once, but that’s a small club airport/grass, and I’d like to fly IFR anyway. Or better fly VFR to Landskrona?
Any tips?

Edit: Looks like Malmö is the best IFR option, right? (89 km to Helsingborg on the road)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 20 Jan 14:48

You could try to obtain a PPR for ESTL Ljungbyhed. It is closer to Helsingborg (not by much) but I do not know how convenient it is to get in to Helsingborg from there. you may not find all the services you would get at Sturup

Last Edited by Aviathor at 20 Jan 15:07
LFPT, LFPN

Flyer59 wrote:

I need to fly to Helsingborg, Sweden, but know little about how to fly there. I’ve been to Höganäs, a bit north once, but that’s a small club airport/grass, and I’d like to fly IFR anyway. Or better fly VFR to Landskrona?
Any tips?

Ängelholm (ESTA) is an IFR airport about as far away from Helsingborg as Ljungbyhed, but it’s not PPR. Also, I would expect (but I haven’t checked) that ground transportation facilities from Ängelholm to Helsingborg are much better than from Ljungbyhed.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Last time I called Ljungbyhed they said OK no problem, but if you come after 17 (I think it was) the gates are closed. Either you can be lucky to find a club member that will let you out or you are locked in.
Ended up going to Ängelholm ESTA. A bit expensive but this airport has scheduled traffic, IFR, hotel closeby etc.
KOENIGSEGG is based in the old military part of the airport. You can get lucky to see them testing some cars.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Thank you, very helpful. Now i have some options.

There is a bus service from ESTA to Helsingborg

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

@Anders on this forum is flying from Ljunbyhed he might be able to give you some advice as well.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Thanks a lot, Jesse. I have no date yet for that trip (my wife wants to visit some old friends), but I’m pretty tempted to fly to Malmoe and rent a car .. but I’ll check all other options too.

ESTL, Ljungbyhed
My home airport. The airport is open but the tower is closed and is not scheduled to open until April.

AERODROME CONTROL TOWER (TWR) HOURS OF OPS/SERVICE 14DEC15 – 03APR16
CLSD

When the tower is closed you can request PPR from the flying club (or contact me and I’ll help out) so that someone is at the airport to let you out the gate. (I’ll be happy to help out if I am available.) And we would also have to help with ground transportation. We have the fuels 100LL and Hjelmco 91/96. Cash payment. There are no landing fees nor any other fees. Unfortunately there might not be any hangar space available.
When the tower is closed you cannot legally land IFR at the airport. But you can file IFR to the airport at all times and ATS do not mind getting incoming IFR traffic. (You can depart IFR from all types of airports in Sweden)

ESMS, Landskrona
The flyging club had recently their club house and one hangar burnt down by an arsonist. Therefore there is currently no fuel available and the landing lights are INOP.
NOTAMS for ESMS in place until 10 february

1) TWY EDGE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE
2) FUEL NOT AVBL
3) RWY 12R/30L AND 12L/30R EDGE LIGHTS OUT OF SERVICE

ESMS, Malmö Sturup
The airport and tower is open H24. Rental cars available.
Take off charge is 250 SEK.
Minimum parking fee is 155 SEK. (I’m not really sure how the parking fee is calculated. It could be that the 155SEK minum fee includes parking for 4 days.)
Swedavia Airport Charges
For the delux experience you could contact the FBO MTS Avation. http://www.mtsaviation.se/ They should have hangar space available. The owners are German speaking. Do give them a call. I do not think that they are of the rip-off kind of FBO/handling company.

ESTA, Ängelholm
The tower has good opening hours on week days and on Sundays. On Saturdays the tower is usually open from morning to mid-day. Check NOTAMs. When the tower is closed visiting aircraft are not allowed to take-off or land.
Document describing charges
Take off charge 250 SEK. Parking at Ängelhom seems to be much more expensive than Malmö. Ängelholm parking minimum daily rate 250 SEK.

ESTL

FWIW, my report on Malmo ESMS is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message