Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Calais revisited: 2013, April 28th

Seeing how nice the restaurant at LFAC has become, and seeing a good few people round here were willing to come yesterday, I humbly suggest a second try on Sunday April 28th next, again for lunch.

Any takers? Of course with the usual reserves about weather &c

1. Jan Olieslagers , 3-axis microlight , 1 adult , strictly VFR
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
  2. PiperArcher, PA28, 3 adults, VFR for the France bit

We might pop in on the way back from Friedrichshafen :)

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)

Ah! Hadn't thought of that, perhaps a "less than perfect" date, then? Or just a very good idea, for those on the way home to the Islands? They'd have to leave early, though, from Friedrichshafen, to be in Calais for lunch...? Or better settle for an (early) dinner?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Nice! I have no plans yet, so I booked the aircraft.

2. PiperArcher, PA28, 3 adults, VFR for the France bit
  3. Lenthamen, DA40, TBD, VFR

Isn't it an option to go somewhere else now?

EDLE, Netherlands

Isn't it an option to go somewhere else now?

Like listening to Lazy Sunday Jazz in The Hangar ? They just opened. I heard the spare ribs are nice, too.

I would think of joining in Teuge, but not at the Aero-Weekend. Calais was too far away for me.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Well, Teuge is just around the corner for me, even by car. Why not some interesting field somewhere else? I also would prefer this not to take place in the same weekend as the Aero in Friedrichshafen. Or ... we could have this meeting at Idar Oberstein. There they have the best BBQ meat which you can order in the air and it is right in the direction of Friedrichshafen.

EDLE, Netherlands

Idar Oberstein is on my todo list. The grass airfield is a bit too short (650m) for the DA40, but I also have a share in a Super Dimona, so I could get there with the TMG..

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message