Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bird strike (Spain)

Neil wrote:

Isn’t this an un-strutted Piper?

Yes.

Last Edited by Patrick at 12 May 20:46
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

As much as it may be fine, I doubt it is legal unless signed off by an authorised EASA (assuming European reg) engineer. Did the guys at the airport sign your tech and say you are good to go with a release to service?

EGTK Oxford

Thirty three years ago I learned to fly in a C150 which had several small dents in the leading edges of both wings, apparently as a result of minor bumps, hangar rash and perhaps bird strikes. It flew normally, and as a student I wouldn’t have known whether stall behaviour was unusual anyway.

A couple of years ago I came across the same aeroplane which had just flown into an airfield I was visiting.

Most of the dents were still there….

Egnm, United Kingdom

I don’t really see any problem in flying some more hours with that dent. Even more knowing that the structure has been now inspected by two trained mechanics.

Anecdote: when I was doing my PPL, one day I was waiting for the school’s C-150 to arrive. A pair of CPL students have left eairlier that day to do some crosscountry flying and they were late. When the arrived, they apologized for the delay, and told me that the have hit the fuel truck with one wingtip in some other airport while taxiing, so they spent some time there thinking wether it was safe to fly back during almost 3 hours or not. Then I looked at the wing in astonishment, noticing a clear swept back in the Cessna should-be-straight wing…

LECU - Madrid, Spain

Neil well spotted, got fooled by Patrick’s avatar picture, and I guess Pawnees are quite rare on the rental market.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message