Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I thought the Dutch require a gendec from UK flights.

EGTK Oxford

Yes, as I said. But one would not expect UK agencies to worry about Dutch requirements. National bodies’ interest usually stops at the FIR boundary…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

and asked me for the gar document.. Which I ended up emailing to his personal government email. He explained to me that this was part of new stricter bordersecurity.

I think he meant to say they could not find your original GAR

I always print off the GAR and keep it in the plane. Then, when I get home at the end of the trip, I have to securely dispose of it because it has everybody’s passport numbers etc…

There is no GENDEC in the UK. That’s an ICAO term. It’s popular in Greece, and is used to certify that you don’t have tuberculosis…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What I meant was …

if the british pilots amongst us fly from to the uk to the netherlands .. do you file a gendec?
ditto .. do you file a gendec to other mainland european destinations?

Sorry for my ignorance: what are GARs and GENDECs?

ESMK, Sweden

Well, there is at least one European destination known to require a gendec for flights from the UK – Antwerp EBAW. In fact, from the worldwide point of view, requiring it is a rule, and not requiring is an exception.

Arne, GAR stands for General Aviation Report – it’s a form you have to file before flying to the UK if your first landing is not a designated port of entry. GENDEC is General Declaration, an ICAO-wide form used by PIC to make an official declaration of the flight origin (on arrival) or destination (on departure) to border authorities, and of any potential quarantine-related issues to health authorities.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

boscomantico wrote:

Yes, as I said. But one would not expect UK agencies to worry about Dutch requirements. National bodies’ interest usually stops at the FIR boundary…

Perhaps they wanted details of who was on board. Asking for the Dutch gendec was a way to do that. But I agree it is becoming an even bigger mess lately.

Last Edited by JasonC at 01 Aug 02:25
EGTK Oxford

No, the Dutch authorities want a GenDec. If you use the OnlineGar system, the authorities in The Netherlands will get the GenDec from them. They want it 2 hours before your filed departure time, and both outbound and inbound.

We have been working with the Dutch authorities on this lately. It has not that much to do with the terrorist attacks as more with the recent drugs that have been going across borders using GA aircraft. The GenDec requirement is going to be enforced. You can bring one along with you. In that case, they will await you at your aircraft both ways. If you are sending it ahead of time, they can screen you and might not visit you at your aircraft.

It is all a little premature, but as soon as I have more information, I will let you guys know.

EDLE, Netherlands

In that case, they will await you at your aircraft both ways.

Do you mean that if you don’t send the form to the NL police 2 hrs ahead, they will make you wait for 2 hrs on the tarmac?

I have had that at LOWZ when the police did not get the notification.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No. They will have had no opportunity to screen you and will meet you at your aircraft when you arrive. They are monitoring flight plans and want to screen who is inside the aircraft. If they have the GenDec form already, they might conclude that it is not necessary to meet you at the airport of entry (AOE) and they will then inform the tower.

Also, if you file a flight plan, then take off 7 minutes later, alarm bells will ring and you are now on top of their priority list. :-)

EDLE, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message