Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

I'll give it a try :)

Saentis, a mountain in Eastern Switzerland.

Approaching ZRH runway 28

Aletschglacier, Bernese Oberland

Monte Toblerone (otherwise known as Matterhorn)

Final Approach to Rijeka, Croatia.

Lindau, Lake of Constance, Germany

The newest airport in Switzerland: Bressaucourt (LSZQ)

After landing shot at Plovdiv, Bulgaria (LBPD)

Black Sea Coast, Bulgaria.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This morning's landing:

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

I like the flashing lights - superb!

Are they legal in Europe?

I have just ordered a pair of Aero LEDs but didn't go for the flashing versions.

Are the lights interconnected so they flash alternately?

A good landing too

You also seem to have a reverse gear.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You also seem to have a reverse gear

I can't imagine too many 182s have reversible wood props...

Nice video P-DAR

Coming up the Thames at FL140

O2

Heathrow

EGTK Oxford

Saentis, a mountain in Eastern Switzerland.

Wow! I've never seen this mountain from so close...

This one is on climbout from Guernsey, nice weather everywhere in Europe but not at the channel islands. Just managed to land there by saying "meee-neee-muuuum" very slowly...

Finally the "paperless office" - at least reagarding charts, weather and notams, but we still have to fill in the PLOG, fuel calculation and W&B on paper:

Nothing to do on the way home apart from eating the leftovers of our passenger catering ;-) (half-full bottles of Veuve Clicquot not shown in the photo)

EDDS - Stuttgart

Hey, Whatnext...

Did you make those four wake turbulence paths through the low cloud before you climbed away?

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Did you make those four wake turbulence paths through the low cloud before you climbed away?

I can't imagine ... from the position of the airport and the flightpath it would fit, but we climbed through these clouds within a few seconds. On the other hand, shortly before us a FlyBe scheduled passenger jet departed, so maybe their wakes and our wakes together?

EDDS - Stuttgart

I have just ordered a pair of Aero LEDs but didn't go for the flashing versions.

Finally More than once I've heard "could you turn off those damn landing lights of yours" after landing at an airfield... I am planning to install my own blinking circuit, it's trivial. In my case one is the landing light, the other the taxi light and the landing light switch turn both on. I always keep it on enroute but I want to use the blinking circuit for enroute and a steady light for landing.

I am planning to install my own blinking circuit, it's trivial.

Maybe there even is an official one? For Citations, Cessna calls it the "Pulse Lights Option", most of the aircraft in our fleet have it installed. It flashes the taxi and recognition lights while airborne and will switch to steady on when on the ground. Could also be available for (newer?) Cessna piston singles.

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message