Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Some pictures remembering summer vacation.. Leros LGLE approach from northside

LILB, Italy

Koper, after takeoff from LJPZ Portoroz this summer:

The beach and dune of Bolonia, Cádiz, Southern Spain:

EDDW, Germany

Finally, after many weeks of bad weather, I finally got back in the air for once. I took some pictures over Chasseral and the three lakes area in Switzerland. The sunset picture was taken last fall, I wish I would’ve flown until the end of civil twilight – the colors were breathtaking.

Meeting a friend on Sunday morning

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

@ArcticChiller, your C175 moves along very nicely… 136 mph or 118 kts IAS at 6,500 ft. The tachometer redline indicates it has a non-stock engine… maybe a Continental IO-360? Nice plane regardless.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 17 Jan 15:33

The Skylark has always been our family van, it’s actually my fathers plane. ;-)
It has a Franklin engine. Plus, we recently installed wing extensions… so yesterday I was cruise climbing at 100mph and 1’000ft/min.

ArcticChiller wrote:

The Skylark has always been our family van, it’s actually my fathers plane. ;-)
It has a Franklin engine. Plus, we recently installed wing extensions… so yesterday I was cruise climbing at 100mph and 1’000ft/min

Great. 220 HP makes a C175 go along nicely, it appears! I remember flying in the back seat of an old Stinson with one of those as a 13 year old boy, and noticing the Frankln was very smooth.

Yesterday flying around the Oxford area in a black and gold PA28.

METARs for Oxford, Birmingham and Luton were reading marginal VMC with visibility of 4500m or so, but once in the air it was fine. I think this was a case of morning radiation fog. You can see the mist on the ground. Very smooth air, all in all a great morning for flying!

METAR EGTK 201120Z 02002KT 4600 BR NSC 01/01 Q1018=

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 21 Jan 10:56
EDDW, Germany

My first flight with doors open yesterday. This was the day I regretted the most not to take my (dusty) SLR and the long zoom, as the moon was really beautiful.

Sign in to add your message