Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Aughrim, Northern Ireland

Kilkeel/Derryogue, Northern Ireland (one is pretending to be a Cub…)

Last Edited by alioth at 24 Jul 10:40
Andreas IOM

Finding a hole in then flying along a TS line. I’ll proudly admit to being a chicken and having stayed visual almost all the way, although the radar was useful to cut through at one point (when the Golze picture was taken)

EGTF, LFTF

Some fun in the Pyrénées last Saturday – the scariest part was to see people scrambling to watch the takeoff as if they were expecting us to hit the trees.

L’île d’Yeu last Sunday – many people on this forum have already praised that destination, it’s a great one indeed!

My old home town, Lübeck.

The sound of Kiel, looking towards the Baltic Sea.

Kiel airport (EDHK).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

wleferrand wrote:

Some fun in the Pyrénées last Saturday

LFIP brings great memories! I lost my rating some years ago, but I may be regaining it. Who was your instructor for the site rating? or are you mountain rated?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Who was your instructor for the site rating?

I did it with Didier Gazeau, AFAIK there are only two people who can sign the site instruction. Definitely an underrated destination.

On our way to Copenhagen

Tivoli Gardens seen from the Copenhagen VFR transit

Over Heathrow after being vectored above central London at 14k feet

EGTF, LFTF

Always fun flying at Lille(LFQQ), there is a ground controller (Steve JFK style) but not much to control

The GA apron is deserted (mandatory handling) but I was always instructed to park on “2W spot as before” for the 4 times I visited (my lucky free spot as I diverted there in C172 when Calais was foggy), this weekend we went in a DA40, the ground controller was not around on my arrival and tower instructed to park “on 4W as 2W is reserved”, I understand from handling it was another UK arrival but not sure when that G-reg landed/departed as he was around Saturday morning/Sunday afternoon and there is no FR24 trace

If anyone know the guy, tell him “2W is my lucky spot”

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Sep 22:57
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message