Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Another good example of the type, well done! they used to boast a larger useful load than empty mass!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

William, how much do you ask for this Dakota ? (I can’t buy it, it is just for comparison).

LFOU, France

WilliamF wrote:

At 22" 2500rpm, it’s indicating between 135-140kts at low level. Gets off easily in 200m. Dual G5’s with 430W rolls steering through the Century 2000 autopilot, it’s a capable thing to own

Wow nice, what is the fuel GPH bill?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

William, how much do you ask for this Dakota? (I can’t buy it, it is just for comparison).

Asking £72.5k GBP (No VAT) but we are painting the cowling and doing some full paint correction and ceramic coating on the aeroplane. We are buying a few other things in the next week. I’ll get a panel shot in flight showing the performance inc fuel flow.

Ibra wrote:

Wow nice, what is the fuel GPH bill?

My bad 25" inches 2200 rpm and 13.5 USG. I had it backwards.

Last Edited by WilliamF at 18 Jun 15:45
Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

wow, we can do it again. As a one-day-tourist. EDWG Wangerooge

The Severn estuary from FL100

Charlton Park & nearby villahe walk

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jun 19:27

Is this castle visitable ? This would be a priority destination for us :)

LFOU, France

Seems no castle visit for flyers, maybe if you have a room, event or special invitation? Otherwise they ask to stay “airside” & follow specific path that takes you around the “privateside”, the plus you get in/out of aircraft and airfield without talking to anyone

The whole place is owned by the Earl of Suffolk (and Berkshire), who lost his seat in the House of Lords when heriditary peers were abolished under the last Labour government. His mobile number is in the various commercial flight guides, just give him a ring if you want to drop in.

The main house was sold off as leasehold apartments some time ago, so they are private residences but not his. Imagine zero chance of a tour. He lives in a nearby house on the estate, and last time we were there he met us and drove us to the pub – seems he likes to meet the arriving aviators if he’s not otherwise engaged.

Very smooth grass runways, close to perfect. Only Oaksey Park (a very short distance away) is of the same calibre, as far as I know.

EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message