Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@JasonC great photos, presumably slots are available for GA? Where did you come in from.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Flew in from CYYR. No slots needed.

EGTK Oxford

Awesome pictures from all, keep them coming.

The last one makes me miss JFK [VOR or lately RNAV13 especially).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Awesome pictures from all, keep them coming.

The last one makes me miss JFK [VOR or lately RNAV13 especially).

Pictures really are the best way to show our fun of flying. Funny when I started this thread 7 years ago, didn’t realise it would still be going today!

EGTK Oxford

Which gets off the ground quickest? Rallye 235E, Cessna 185A (260hp) or Cessna U206F…. Without using a GPS to measure it, it was hard to tell. I think the Rallye 235E pips the other two when each is flown light.

185 belongs to a friend of mine, who has done the Atlantic in it for Oshkosh!

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Sunset just after afternoon CB line has cleared up (on the way LeTouquet to LaBaule last weekend)

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Aug 19:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That’s quite a privilege to have been able to snap that Ibra.

United Kingdom

I’d have gone Rallye william.
I knew they were good, but I think I saw that particular one depart my base a week or so ago.
He probably used less than the average microlight. :-)

United Kingdom

@WilliamF the 185A is one of my favourites – usually with an empty weight not far off an early C180, but stronger structure and more fuel efficient because of the fuel injection. The lighter ones had the 62 USG fuel capacity, am guessing your friend’s has the 84 USG capacity if he crosses the Atlantic, as you do :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

GA_Pete wrote:

I’d have gone Rallye william.
I knew they were good, but I think I saw that particular one depart my base a week or so ago.
He probably used less than the average microlight. :-)

The Rallye is insane. It’s like there is a turbine engine fitted to it. The IAS sits over 125kts and you are looking at it thinking this isn’t right. This is a Rallye! It’s the ultimate sleeper bargain.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
Sign in to add your message