Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Pic of the day… very dirty-smoggy hazy skies in the lower levels of northern Italy today… terrible marble quarrels of Carrara, Italy…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@Dan, where’d you go? Lucca? Maybe a nearby Aviosuperficie?

I have been to Campo Volo Delta Condor which is nearby in Massarosa, but I don’t think you could get in there in an RV.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 22 Mar 01:12

@Silvaire, that was enroute to Marina di Campo, Elba. 2 ship with a nice 1’000ft coastal clearance from Pisa.
My iPhone obviously prefers to focus on the panel rather than my #1

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

there is no little window.

On the P210 we do have a sizable in-flight openable sliding window.

(Photo credit to this channel )

For obvious reasons you cannot use it for the impromptu photo op on a pressurized airplane: you would need to plan way ahead.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I take it the procedure would be to not turn on the pressurization on the ground before doing a photo shoot through that window?

Andreas IOM

Yes, that would be one way.

If you know at what altitude you will be taking pictures, you would set cabin pressure 1000ft above that before take-off and that would ensure zero deltaP when the time for the pic came.

Otherwise, if you want to improvise a depress in flight without hurting ears, then you need to do it at 750fpm or less . I am fine with 1000+fpm but my pax are not. So depending on your cabin pressure at the time it would take some time before you can open the window.

In the case of the “dragon” picture above we were at FL090 with a cabin at 4000ft so it would have taken 6-10 mins to depressurize, plus the picture was on the wrong side of the airplane.

Then if you want to repressurize again, you should do it even slower (500fpm max) or a min of 10 mins in that case.

Realistically, most of the good pictures would be with low altitude AGL so either you are in a mountain area or cabin pressure is low so easier to transition. The point is, if you were not ready before, you cannot simply see a good pic, open the window and take it. By the time you’ve taken care of it your pic is gone.

Last Edited by Antonio at 22 Mar 10:51
Antonio
LESB, Spain

OTOH beware this can happen when using storm windows for pics (@mod feel free to move it if out of topic)

and here is a longer piece of news on same subject…

Last Edited by Antonio at 22 Mar 11:08
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Pic of the day… the South side of the Isola di Montecristo

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Amazing! One of my favourite fascinating places, perhaps because I read the book when I was about 10.

I have more pics and a video here

Not as low as you went

Good old days…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

great shot Peter!
And yes, a fascinating island… kinda reminds me of that Myst graphic adventure game I used to play on the Mac more than a few moons ago, all mysterious. And the small settlement is still there and looks unchanged.

Gotta get that seaplane rating for my next visit since there’s no hard runway nearby

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message