Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

NOTE: EuroGA now supports direct image upload and storage so there is no need to use the picture hosting sites discussed in these threads

I have tried the photo sharing website which Peter recommended. The photos went on very easily, and were very easy to title. I have them in an album, but "I'm not sure how to share that album here. For now, it is here:

http://pilotdar.imgur.com/

These are photos of my two planes, and some of the fun I have with them. Alos, are photos of some of the modifications I have test flown for STC approval. Let me know if the link works, or any suggestions to make it more viewable...

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

The link certainly works, Pilot DAR - thanks for sharing that, looks like you have a lot of fun! Logging a (planned!) beach landing will have to go on my list of things to do

Talking of photos, someone's obviously been busy uploading images to the EuroGA homepage. Very nice!

Bordeaux

This should work:

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

What a privileged place you live in

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

As you said, the Imgur website worked very well, which I found attractive compared to Photobucket, which can be a struggle to resize and rename photos. The result of my photobucket efforts had often been oversized photos appearing PPRuNe, despite my efforts to reduce them to the specified size.

As you have remarked about Imgur deleting non accessed photos, have you any thoughts on exporting nicely resized and renamed photos from Imgur to a new more permanent Photobucket en mass?

I don't think you need to worry too much about resizing.

The standard "max" size on Photobucket is 1024 pixels wide (example here - click on the pic to see the max version) and the Direct Link version gives that to you directly

here

If you post that Direct Link here, using the notation shown in the example to the right of the text entry box (the ![] etc stuff) then you get this

and you can see this has been scaled down to the forum width which turns out to be exactly 800 pixels.

So provided your images are say 800 wide or wider, but not too outrageously wide so as to create huge files (see Posting Tips) then it should "just work"

Photobucket used to limit (and used to chop down) pics to 800x600 but now it seems to do 1024x768 which both looks a lot better for viewing the album and is just fine for posting here.

Administrator

Let me try one from Photobucket:

Took this last year from a Maule...still one of my favourites:

Kent, UK

And this one in Southern Tunisia, 2010:

Kent, UK

You are just trying to start a Compare Girlfriend thread, aren't you

That's an exceptional pic of the pyramids. How high?

Administrator
1999 Posts
Sign in to add your message