Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

This is one of my most favourite flying pics, because (for some reason I can't formulate) I find Crete fascinating - LGST

Arriving there, over the Adriatic and later the Aegean, is just an awesome experience. Seeing Europe from the air, if possible in a really interesting manner, is the main reason I learnt to fly.

Sitia LGST is about the furthest you can fly from the UK before it gets a lot more complicated...

This one is a bit spooky if you are concerned about risk management

This one you have to guess, and no you aren't allowed to do View Source in your browser

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This one you have to guess, and no you aren't allowed to do View Source in your browser

Or right-click and go to 'Properties' ;-)

These are just a few of only recent'ish photos I have published.

Wow. So many cool photos!!!

Here are a few random photos from my collection...

My Teal at dawn, during a camping trip with my daughter

My wife collecting sand dollars on a deserted island beach along the coast of Georgia

My daughter and I on the ice

"Polar 5" of the German Alfred Wegner Institute, while I was flying formation for some flight test work

My searching for a way through the fog in northern British Columbia, taken by the other pilot following me - found one!

A highly mentored "toe in" landing among the rocks in a British Columbia mountain river - it took nearly 5 minutes just to figure out where I could toe in both skids level, and not have the tail rotor in the trees.

Polar 5 again, while we were testing the survey bird deployment, and I was flying chase.

Me flying the Caravan, testing the survey bird deployment

Towing a model of the survey bird under the wing of my 150 for stability testing

Video capture of a spin recovery during my spin testing of the Caravan with the bird under.

Flight testing a tail boom on a Caravan amphibian, to see if it gets into the water on takeoff

And... landing into my home runway early on a foggy autumn morning

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Some photos from our trip to the Scillies yesterday. I wish I had one from short final - the view of the runway cut off by the hill is slightly nerve-racking.

The tropical sea:

Coming back to Lands End at low level:

And the obligatory panel shot:

(Edit: the camera quality isn't as bad as I thought)

EGEO

Here are a few random photos from my collection...

WOW! PD has seriously raised the bar!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Or right-click and go to 'Properties' ;-)

With a lot of photos these days, the EXIF data has the lat/long...

But clearly Canada is the place to fly.

jwoolard is doing well on two counts: he is flying what looks like a TB20, and he has every pilot's wish (a girl) in the RHS

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Irish Sea

Irish Sea

Irish Sea

Irish Sea again....I like open water shots!

North Wales

East Frisian Islands

East Frisian Islands

East Frisian Islands

Denmark somewhere

Danish bridge

Danish bridge

Danish bridge

Roskilde Airport, Denmark

Hoganas, Sweden

Hoganas, Sweden

Between Sweden and Denmark

I'm not sure how to describe this, but it was in the sea between Sweden and Denmark.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I'm not sure how to describe this, but it was in the sea between Sweden and Denmark.

An oil leak in your airplane?

It does look like an oil spill, but then if you look around it, it looks like the sea bed rises there, which makes me think it might be some sort of algae or something.

If it is an oil leak, then thankfully I wasn't to blame ;)

EIWT Weston, Ireland
Sign in to add your message