Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

What Next - the Pilatus website pulldown menus down't seem to work in FF but I take it you mean the PC9 or PC21?

Strange, I also use FireFox. I mean this one here (the other two are certainly complex!):

EDDS - Stuttgart

EGTK Oxford

Given the negligible cost of disk space; can we have a facility to upload photos directly rather than sorting out our own hosting? I have a few, but don’t really want to sort out separate hosting- all the providers I used in previous forums didn’t survive the years…

Biggin Hill

all the providers I used in previous forums didn’t survive the years…

True, which is why I upload “important” pics (pics vital to accompanying text which may be read years later) into my ISPs free space. Most ISPs give you something like 1GB. I use ZEN who are arguably UK’s best ISP; admittedly if I was with an outfit like Talktalk that would be different

For stuff of less stellar importance, imgur.com is superb.

The same outfit also does a great screenshot program. It took me about 5 seconds to do the pic below, which is a little piece of the one posted by Jason above

I don’t think David is totally averse to considering photo hosting here. However disk space is not the issue. The issue is the hosting bandwidth, which goes up of the order of 100x if you host photos. EuroGA is free, which is possible only via (a) freely donated hosting or (b) advertising. I don’t want to go towards advertising because it then drives a “maximum drivel” moderation policy which is what you have everywhere else except the big US forums.

However if you have a load of pics which you want to use for postings here, or for an article like these, just let me have them and I will drop them into some space at EuroGA and give you the URL. Most of the articles were done that way. Mine are the exception in that photos in them are still referenced to peter2000.co.uk.

If anybody has nice articles to contribute, please let me have the article in a simple clean linear form (text, and images) and I will put it up. The guidelines are here.

Last Edited by Peter at 29 Nov 08:43
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A curious one appeared briefly the other day, the GOOGLE logo displayed a RAF Hastings

Some pictures from our trip flight from Blackpool to Biggin on Sunday evening.

A band of rain had passed through just before we took off:

Turned towards Southport pretty quickly to avoid spending too much time low over the stormy sea:

Some virga in the sunset towards Liverpool:

Liverpool docks:

Climbing through a thin layer near Shawbury:

Just north of Brize:

London, taken from somewhere near Epsom:

And finally, my favourite flying sunset picture (somewhere between Liverpool and Shawbury)

Last Edited by jwoolard at 10 Dec 09:21
EGEO

Nice pictures jwoolard :-) I have a number of nice sunset pics from the air, but I dont have any after official night time. Though every fortnight I do fly to and from Germany courtesy of Lufthansa / BA so thats the extent of my night flying :-(

Taking off from Calais today – if you zoom in you can just see the white cliffs of Dover. Visibility was incredible (easily to the horizon from 5000ft – about 85nm)!

Sorry about the “vintage” effect – my wife changed the settings on my phone…

Last Edited by jwoolard at 19 Jan 22:41
EGEO

Though every fortnight I do fly to and from Germany courtesy of Lufthansa / BA

Sounds like IT freelancer in Frankfurt?

EDXQ

Sounds like IT freelancer in Frankfurt?

Not freelancer, but you are right about IT and Frankfurt ;-)

Sign in to add your message