Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Departure from Pula LDPL to the west

Venice from FL170

St Mark’s Square, also from FL170….

Last Edited by Peter at 01 Feb 16:57
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So a few photos from recent Amsterdam to Isle of Man flight.

Last Edited by JasonC at 15 Feb 23:47
EGTK Oxford

This afternoon, near Speyer.

Nice climb rate.

Hockenheimring.

The Schwetzinger Schloss.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 16 Feb 18:21
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

From the last two days….

At my home base, EDML

ILS practice approach at ETSI (Manching). “Golf Romeo Charlie you are the number two behind a Eurofighter on short final”. I am on downwind for rwy 25L here, you can see the airplane symbol inside the frequency box for the ILS

Southern Bavaria, summit in foreground is Wendelstein

Near Deggendorf, Bavarian Forest on the left side, Danube River in the foreground. Straubing (EDMS) is a couple of miles behind me

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 16 Feb 18:18

I was not quite sure where to place these videos as they relate to a previous discussion regarding landing on grass runways, but that new thread seems to be limited to European Grass strips, so here is my local grass strip in Phuket Thailand. (Peter feel free to move it if you want).

Up until I was kicked out of Phuket International Airport (VTSP), I never had the nerve to take my Jetprop into grass strips, even though it is certified to do so, however as they say – necessity is the mother of invention, so after a very detailed runway survey I brought her in to Phuket Airpark a privately owned grass strip just 8Nm from the main airport.

The first time was indeed buttock clenching, but some 10 landings later I enjoy it, and it has certainly stretched me as a pilot. I do take precautions, never landing or taking off heavy, and I make extensive FOD inspections before operations.
Depending on the prevailing winds/ grass condition determines if I use reverse, which definitely helps

It has also made me appreciate even more the versatility of the Jetprop. To be able to take off from here, then climb to FL270 and cruise to another small strip some 800 Nm away is just perfect.

RW 13/31. 550M with 50M overrun either side. One way strip really due to mountain at 13.

First landing:

First Take off:

The quality is not great, as it was taken using an Ipad, but I think you get the general idea.

E

Edited to try and fix video embedding

[fixed – just drop the URL straight in – see Posting Tips]

Last Edited by Peter at 18 Feb 08:29
Last Edited by eal at 18 Feb 07:40
eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Bush flying in Africa :-)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Isle of Wight from FL125 today

A pity about the haze; this is the best I could do quickly in Photoshop. I managed to win a Lightroom course in a photo competition (3rd place) so things should improve soon

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Approach into Floro, Norway last weekend

Last Edited by mrfacts at 05 May 18:28
EDLN and EDKB

It’s funny, the Isle of Wight seems to look at the same at 12,500 feet, as it does at 4000 feet or something.

I managed to win a Lightroom course in a photo competition (3rd place) so things should improve soon

Brilliant bit of software is Lightroom. A great workflow tool (once you develop a ‘system’) and arguably if you cant get rid of haze in Lightroom, you wouldn’t get rid of it by using Photoshop either.

PS, if anyone wants to buy a discounted copy of Lightoom, please message me. I have it already, and it came bundled with a new DSLR I bought and is surplus to requirements.

Sign in to add your message