Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Beautiful pic

I was very tempted to do one more ski trip but had just too much hassle over the past couple of weeks, and reportedly the snow is no good now. Still, looks fine at 15000ft

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

and a very clean hangar and tarmac

Yes, very nice indeed. It’s at the “banana” strip. It’s really only a heli port, so the tarmac gets blown clean every day by 1000+ hp fans The “strip” came later. The whole arrangement is only a few (3?) years old. It used to be at another location a few km away. It’s literally less than 10 min flight away from ENVA, just outside the CTR, so I have never bothered to go there. Then WW&W flew there and said it was a cool place, so I had to visit It’s not often you can land on a curved runway The curvature isn’t really all that noticeable though. What you notice (at least what I noticed) is the steepness of the strip. It then enters a flat area at the end where the hangars are (around the helipad). When landing you don’t see anything fwd except the strip which seems to end a few meters ahead before entering the flat area. I had to land past the middle or something due to the “ravine”. Landing there in a C-172 or similar must be really odd, then you have to touch down much further down the hill (probably wait until the “ravine” is fixed to do that).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

pic of the day… waters are still cold and transparent around here… the peninsula of Reichenau which you may overfly on your way to EDNY

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Not strictly a “flying” photo. But still, it was an amazing flight, a true mountain flight ending at a (optimistically) 300m strip on a 20% slope – and not even quite straight – in the middle of nowhere in the Pyrenees (LF6536, Le Bergons). The plane is one of six (soon to be seven) homebuilts by the same constructor, who was also my instructor for the flight.

LFMD, France

What kind of plane is it?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

What kind of plane is it?

It’s a homebuilt one-off. The wings are from a Rallye. The designer, Louis Peña, has built six, and is just finishing up his seventh, all to his own design.

https://avions-louispena.webnode.fr/les-avions/le-canari-des-cimes/

LFMD, France

Today it was time to dust off the cobwebs from the mighty MS880B…

Still my favourite landmark in the local area, the Rotenfels at Bad Kreuznach.

During a short stop at Langenlonsheim (EDEL), Germany‘s now most famous ULM…

I love those quaint little villages across Rheinhessen…

The rapeseed fields just starting to bloom here in the more southern parts of Germany.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Apr 15:08
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have no photos but some years ago Louis Peña brought his Joker here to demonstrate it.
I didn’t try it but a club member did and they did a few aerobatics. I remember being impressed with it. I think.he has designed and built several other aircraft also
IIRC he was a French aerobatic champion some 50 or more years ago.

France

He has built 6 and is close to finishing the 7th, which will also be a dedicated aerobatic plane. His very first plane, which he used when he won the French championships – three times! – is still in the hangar at Dax, though it’s no longer his.

The whole story here:

https://avions-louispena.webnode.fr/a-propos-de-louispena/

Last Edited by johnh at 18 Apr 18:01
LFMD, France

So was that the Dahu with the Suzuki engine in your photo Johnh.?

France
Sign in to add your message