Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

My flying club sold the DA20 Katana that I flew and I haven’t had the funds (as usual) to get checked out on anything else, so it’s back to gliding! I finally went solo (15 years after I was first supposed to, back when I was in Air Cadets in the UK) on our yearly club trip, this year in Biberach EDMB.

Glorious weather and incredible visibility for this time of year.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

At FL150 on the way to Prague. Amazing really considering I was doing training only a year ago and passed the IRT in a few weeks time a year ago.

Tomorrow is the re-validation so here’s some inspiration.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Getting the junior FO to do the difficult bits at Nantes (LFRS)

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Jul 18:25
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Seems aeroclub parking is indeed not available at the moment. Please advise the cost of handling/total cost. I might be heading that way soon.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It’s with Aeroclub, parking in November (Juliette was full), friendly welcome by Aeroclub memebrs as always, handling is free with them…while ago Aviapartner quoted 223€ hors tax for handling and 1 night parking (at that price StNazaire + taxi worked better)

Practically, now you can’t use AC gate (not outside 10am-4pm and you need someone with some badge), expect to walk to main terminal in/out following “blue path”: long 5min walk on hi-viz, on the bright side you can arrive from any international destination (intra-Schengen & extra-Shengen with PN) and you can get in/out without anyone from Aeroclub…

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Jul 20:37

@ninerechopapa your third photo has great definition and colour, what camera did you use and is it enhanced?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

your third photo has great definition and colour, what camera did you use and is it enhanced?

Purely a quick iPhone snap, no enhancement. It did turn out quite impressive!

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Watching sunset, blue sunny day over Brittany to night foggy overcast over Normandy

Beluga 02 (Nantes LFRS)

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jul 06:45

It would be a lot better if people posted the location of the photo

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message