Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@A_and_C is that an Aztec? It looks like one with modified cowlings?

wleferrand wrote:

is that an Aztec? It looks like one with modified cowlings?

Twin Comanche I’d say

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Sep 19:58
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For those of you asking about the aircraft in my previous photos it is a PA31 this photo take at Goose Bay.

Some of that cheapest low lead in all of Germany (of Central Europe, actually) and a couple of instrument approaches today…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 12 Sep 15:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What a waste? Empty airport.

UK, United Kingdom

I was going to upload a picture of the fire damage here, that I took on Thursday. But the site won’t accept HEIC files… and I can’t be a**ed to convert it. Would be nice if it could…

LFMD, France

It’s funny that we went to a lot of trouble to accept HEIC on the EuroGA airport database Along with Canon CR2 raw, and PDF.

It would probably cost 1k or so to add HEIC here and nobody else has asked for it before, because on an Apple device it is a single click conversion to jpeg (I am told).

@Fenland_Flyer which airport is that?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

How do you set QNH given by ATC on old J3 Cubs altimeters with no Kollsman windows?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The airport is Humberside in north Lincolnshire. Quite high landing fees for GA and convoluted requirements to get to the terminal to pay fees etc. Arrived there one day on an unscheduled stop and went to the portacabin with the big C. Went in but was told I had used the wrong entrance and should go back and use another door which the person sat at the desk explained. Did as requested and came into the portacabin to near enough the same place with the same person who then opened a gate to let me go OFF airside to use a public road to the terminal building to pay my landing fee. Seriously folks I do not make it up. The return was equally fraught because the info desk where fees are paid had a printer failure so could not print a receipt so I was instructed to tell the person in the portacabin to telephone the tower who would then confirm I could have access to airside to get in my aircraft to leave.
IS THIS WHY IT LOOKS EMPTY?

UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message