Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Cloud cliffs over the Mediterranean and October sunset over the tops and under the layer

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Oct 17:26
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

BER, rwy 25L, not today, more than 2 years ago

arj1 wrote:

Why? Is it that ugly?

Discrete tail sticker fine…huge www etc….really?
I guess it depends if the advertising is that important…At least its a sticker and not integral to the paint job.

Agree I would prefer without. But the colours match the paintscheme and doesn‘t look too bad.

If you are the only club in Central Europe that has a Debonair (plus Bonanza, Lake, and other fun stuff) then of course you got to make it known.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

If you are the only club in Central Europe that has a Debonair (plus Bonanza, Lake, and other fun stuff) then of course you got to make it known.

Yes I fully understand and naturally the club wants more members who can then fly the aircraft. My experience though has been slightly different. It does not make any difference, but let’s everyone know when you arrive at an airfield you are in a club aircraft. I prefer the more discrete approach. There have numerous PA-28 airframes done up in British Airways and full BMI schemes that frankly look totally ridiculous. Populated by overzealous 4 stripers…aka

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 01 Nov 16:02
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Bthat‘s a basic Warrior. With a fully IFR equipped Beech 33 or even more so with a Beech 35, NOBODY expects it to be a club aircraft. Everywhere I landed with these so far, people always asked me „is it yours?“ and when I then said, „no, it‘s a club plane that I rent“, they really made big eyes.

And since these planes, despite being primarily for longer distance touring, often land at airfields in the general area of its homebase, I think it does help in attracting new members.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am impressed the fleet boasts a Lake amphibian – we need some splash and dash photos in Como Garda or Starnberger See :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Beech baby

I hardly think that painting an aircraft in an airline colour scheme Is silly when it belongs to a staff flying club………. unfortunately the bean counters at BA raided the flying club assets and shut it down.

Well horses for courses and all that. I think it looks ridiculous. I will investigate further the circumstances of stolen assets. Sorry I was unaware of that and the fact that BA shut its own club down. Certainly does not seem right.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 01 Nov 22:51
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message