Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

LeSving wrote:

A bit strange, since both on ENMO and ENVA it was zero wind on the ground (see the wind sock)

Ground inversion I guess, given the mostly clear sky.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

LeSving wrote:

A bit strange, since both on ENMO and ENVA it was zero wind on the ground (see the wind sock)

Frozen?

Frozen?

He he. No, fully functional. While there, the owner of the field and I went into his hangar to look at his new aircraft. For a minute or two, we could hear the winds coming down shaking the hangar. Also, at ENVA the TAF had a prob30 for gust, 20-30, don’t remember exactly.

An RV-6 went down 2 years ago killing both right after take off from this field. This wind shear stuff was one of the main causes. It’s not un-normal, but nevertheless pretty unintuitive, to the point of unbelievable each time it happens. One just has to be aware.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@RobertL18C , let me guess the location ? or better did you manage to get a Cardiff/Bristol transit and handover ?

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Dec 11:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@lbra your bunny has a good nose :) just north of Cardiff and staying clear of Bristol

Kinnity Castle:

Birr Castle

Leviathan of Parsonstown
Located in the grounds of Birr Castle. It was the largest telescope in the world from 1845 to 1917

Some Irish countryside:

Wolftrap DME (I assume is the one on the far left)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

@Dublinpilot I have visited Birr, but need to make a proper visit, especially to the castle and the telescope. Perhaps a fly in in 2021?

Thanks for posting!

@RobertL18C well if you come over, I’ll certainly meet up with you. Peter is always up for a visit to Ireland too. So we three of us that would be the makings of a flyin :)

EIWT Weston, Ireland

also home to @WF and many fine aircraft and aviators :)

Sign in to add your message