Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Top 20 airports / most visited airports / how many different airports have you landed at

These are 324 places I have visited in the last years. Although I have marked all possible Airports on RunwayMap, there are missing many. The Isle of Man, Malta are some examples in Europe, and all the Airports of Morocco and Australia are missing in the RunwayMap too.

The ones I have visited most are the German airfields I have to go to for business. I.E. EDDH, EDAZ, EDDL, EDFE, EDDE, EDDC. For holidays of course it is LFRQ, because of our second home there. Beside this it must bei Calvi, where we spend 3 times for Christmas, Mali Lošinj 3 times and La Rochelle 3 times. Most airports we have been only once ore twice, because we are always looking for new destinations.

EDDS , Germany

172driver wrote:

it’s UNICODE UTF-8, field delimiter , (comma), text delimiter " (double quotation mark).

My file is simply a list of location indicators, one per line, and My Maps says it can’t find the locations although it does find them if I search for them individually.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Jeez eddsPeter, that is an impressive list. I think you may be the winner so far. How many years have you been flying, and how many hours. What aircraft did you visit all these airports in.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

@Buckerfan wrote:

How many years have you been flying, and how many hours. What aircraft did you visit all these airports in.

I have made my license starting August 2001. First flight after getting the PPL was in April 2002. Since that time I started to collect the airfields. ;-)
All in all a bit more then 2600 hours. First holiday trip in April 2002 was with a rented C172, then we did around 300 hours in a C182, 800 hours in a Piper Arrow 3 and nearly 1400 hours up to now in a BE33. A few flights were done with a PA28, a Piper Seneca and a Cirrus SR20. In Australia we have rented also a C182.

EDDS , Germany

Peter wrote:

The whole google symbology business is a mystery to me.

You’re not alone! However, the sign-in is on the top RIGHT of the page. It’s a letter in a round button.

Airborne_Again wrote:

My file is simply a list of location indicators, one per line, and My Maps says it can’t find the locations although it does find them if I search for them individually.

Try exporting it as .csv with the settings I gave you, this should work. And as I said – it doesn’t find everything and the results are different if you input a list or perform individual searches. Why that should be the case you’ve got to ask the guys at Mountain View, CA….

That’s amazing. I got the PPL May 2001 and have ~2600hrs also

On the google maps, I am already signed in, but can’t see anything to do with layers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

172driver wrote:

Try exporting it as .csv with the settings I gave you, this should work. And as I said – it doesn’t find everything and the results are different if you input a list or perform individual searches. Why that should be the case you’ve got to ask the guys at Mountain View, CA….

If you only have one location indicator and nothing else on each line, then there isn’t any difference between a .csv file or a .txt file. Also the character encoding doesn’t matter for location indicators that only use A-Z. (Well, not if you use EBCDIC.)

I guess it’s just not meant to be….

Perhaps, but Google maps specifically requires a .csv file for upload. All I can say – it worked for me with the above mentioned caveats.

172driver wrote:

Perhaps, but Google maps specifically requires a .csv file for upload. All I can say – it worked for me with the above mentioned caveats.

I know and I did upload a .csv file. I’m just saying that a .csv file is technically just text file. If you only have a single value on each line, then there is literally nothing particular with a .csv file.

172driver wrote:

it doesn’t find everything and the results are different if you input a list or perform individual searches.

Could you name a few location indicators that My Maps did recognise in your uploaded file? Then at least I would have eliminated one possible error.

Sign in to add your message