Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help me to identify this aircraft

Good day,

1st post, ("long time" lurker!), so bear with me! Not sure if this belongs in "Flying", but I thought you prop-heads enjoy a little quest.

Saw this aircraft, photographed it; and called it a Cessna 188, and didn`t think anything about it, look:

Today I received an E-mail of a person that seemed adamant that this is actually concerns a Piper Pawnee Brave. He mentioned the wing struts, but they may have been taken off for maintenance purposes.

Anybody really convinced on here?

Cheers,

Ultra Long Hauler

The aircraft on your photograph is a PA-36 Pawnee Brave.

Regards from the Antipodes, ANTEK

YSCB

Hi ULH,

I'm with ANTEK and your e-mailer - it's a Pawnee Brave.

Regards,

AndyW

EGNT

The DGAC in Ecuador agrees with ANTEK

FAPSA HC-BJM PIPER PA-36-300 1981 OPERATIVO FUMIGACION

You can find this information on their Website at http://www.dgac.gob.ec/ Choose Parque Aeronáutico and then search in the listing for REGION II - COSTA, it's no 99 on the list.

Mike

KSAV Savannah Hilton Head International USA, EGHP Popham UK

Thanks folks,

you seem united!!

As for the website of la DGAC, I tried that; but for some reason it didn`t work, a few days ago. I then put the registration# in Google, also to no avail.

I stand corrected, I will now have to do the correct thing, and right the wrong!

Much obliged!

Ultra Long Hauler

saw it on social media… looks cute :)

Switzerland

Saab 105, 1960’s trainer.

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Still used as the pilot trainer in the Swedish Air Force. Will be retired in a couple of years.
The pilots seem to really like it. They can be used as four seaters when the ejection seats are removed.
Perfect family plane when they retire and (if they) end up on the civil market. ;)

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

Perfect family plane when they retire and (if they) end up on the civil market. ;)

Indeed. And if we believe the above picture, all maintenance can be made by the pilots :D

etn
EDQN, Germany

Cool! Where do I sign up? Normally would go for L39, but my wife doesn’t like tandem seating :)

Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message