Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Approach lighting trainer program

Here

It is an executable, dated 1999, which I got from a trusted source and virus checked it with Kaspersky AV, but… at your own risk.

It doesn’t work on my win7-64 machine but works under winXP and may work under win7 etc in some compatibility mode.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What exactly can be “trained” using this program? (I am a Macintosh user since 25 years so unfortunately can’t try it out myself)

EDDS - Stuttgart

It shows what different approach lights look like.

Administrator

Has anyone tried it?

Administrator

Yes. It works fine on my Windows 8.1 machine.

I suspect you’re missing a .net framework version or a C++ redistributable.

What it taught me was that there are far too many different combinations of lighting for anyone to be able to remember!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

I have Windows 10 and it works for me.

KUZA, United States

Bit basically isn’t this what books are for?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Have you tried it, mh?

Administrator

Didn’t try the program; it doesn’t run (64 bit Win10pro).

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I was able to try it out. For my 3D printer I bought a “mini PC” off eBay (for 25 Euros) because the printer runs for endless hours and blocks my MacBook Pro during that time which I need for other things. That mini PC arrived in the mail yesterday while I was flying… It has a 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor (32 bit?) and runs Windows XP professional. I tried the approach lights trainer and it works perfectly well (I still can’t see what it might teach you).

The program was developed using LabVIEW 5.0 from National Instruments ( www.ni.com ) – not the most typical programming environment for windows… – so maybe on their site some patches and drivers may be available which make it executable under later versions of MS Windows?

Last Edited by what_next at 22 Feb 10:43
EDDS - Stuttgart
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message