Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Landing Fees

It happened at Bagicz, EPKG. Luckily there was no damage to the prop. Only the wheel fairing.

LPFR, Poland

Ah, ok, so it sank in during parking on the grass, right? Or was it an existing hole that he taxied into whilst maneuvering for parking?
Pretty bad nevertheless. An SR22 wheel fairing (inlcuding painting, striping, etc.) I guess is north of 5k…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Sep 07:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It happened on a taxiway during taxiing, not parking.

LPFR, Poland

Ah, ok. I didn‘t think there were any grass taxiways at Bagicz, but looking at Skydemon, it looks like the taxiway connecting the runway to the parallel taxiway is indeed grass!

Anyway, coming bak somewaht to the main subject of this thread, I have often thought about this. Whenever I have the choice of two airports (one big, expensive airport and one small, cheap one) to get to my destination, I usually choose the “cheap” one, for a number of reasons, one being of course the fees. However, if we look at it honestly and rationally (and with today’s costs for exchange parts and aircraft repairs), it would likely make sense, over the span of x years, to always use the give Airports which don’t require any contact with soft surfaces. In other words, one can pay these 100 or even 300 Euro fees many many times before it starts costing more than that once in a lifetime 5k or 50k repair. It’s like buying an insurance; better pay x for y times, rather than haviong to pay z with a probability of w. Still, this apart, I prefer the small GA airfields a thousand times over those big airline airports.

In other words: flying (touring) is very expensive, either way you twist it.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Sep 08:24
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Looks like a SR20 or SR22…

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
95 Posts
Sign in to add your message