Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What country to move your EASA PPL to?

Michael_J wrote:

One of my friends lost half of one leg as a teenager and wanted a PPL. The danish CAA and AME could not handle it but the UK had no problem issuing a class 2 medical to him and the UK schools also had no problem training with hand control in a PA28.

Interesting. Two years ago, my club trained a guy with spinal cord injuries to PPL also on a PA28 with hand controls.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

FullThrottle wrote:

I hear you need a background check in Czech republic too, if you are not Czech

I didn’t. Just papers to prove that I have class II medical, theory certificate, skills test certificate, check of logbook which was signed off by my instructor and ID (passport).

LKTB->EGBJ, United Kingdom

Yeah it’s fairly recent, only a couple months, at least it’s what I saw in a email from a school where I flew a couple times near prague.

LFMD, Monaco

FullThrottle wrote:

I do NOT recommend Germany, since once you transfer your medical there you won’t be able to transfer it to any other country anymore for " data protection " reasons and you need a background check (Züp in german) to get a license

I’m just going through the process to transfer my UK PPL to Germany. It is a bit heavy on the paperwork. Even my wife, who is a native speaker, can’t get her head around half the forms. But the medical data protection is true for pre-July 2016 applications. The rules have changed and after July-2016 you can have you records sent to another EASA member state. So, me moving mine in now, means I’ll be able to transfer it back out…

Or, hopefully, the lovely guys from back home will see some sense and stop Article 50, then I can just stop the transfer and keep my IR(R)

EDHS, Germany

I have been happy with CAA UK, but are now moving to the Danish CAA.
I have just done the SRG1202 form that I did not realize I had to do. I thought the SRG2150 was enough. The web page just mentions the 1202 needed to move to the UK, but after calling them I realized I need both forms completed.
Several CAA operators told me that they only guarantee turn around time before Brexit for applications received before 1. Jan. Apparently there are 800 applications to process.
I did send the first form in just after Christmas but it is logged as being received 2. Jan.
Anyhow I think there is still time enough. The Danish CAA told me they would probably accept all that had just started the process before Brexit.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

I’ve pm’d pmh… but anyone else one here just gone through a SOLI from the UK?

I have a specific question on SRG2150, can you PM me if you can help?

EDHS, Germany

anyone else one here just gone through a SOLI from the UK?

Well, I am also in the process of transferring my licence from th UK.

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

@MikeWhiskey, it occurs to me that you should perhaps keep a record of the costs involved.

The EU Commission’s current proposal is to cease to recognise at 11 p.m. on 29 March 2019 the privileges of all manner of licences and permits issued by the UK under EU Regulations.

Not only in the field of aviation, the CJEU and ECHR hold that such licences and permits are “property”, of which the owners can only be deprived subject to prompt payment of compensation.

There is so much money at stake arising from the Commission’s proposed wholesale destruction of such property that a formal challenge, and a change of policy, seem inevitable.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

pmh wrote:

The Danish CAA told me they would probably accept all that had just started the process before Brexit.

Interesting, as I was told the exact opposite when I called them last week. Since I can’t make the deadline anyway I decided to wait and see what happens

EGTR

italianjon wrote:

I have a specific question on SRG2150, can you PM me if you can help?

I am in the process of doing so, PM me and I’ll see if I can be of any help.

Last Edited by 172driver at 22 Jan 06:18
Sign in to add your message