Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Alghero - LIEA

Anybody any experience with this field? Have just dropped them a note to see if handling is mandatory (can’t seem to find any reliable info). Flying there on Friday and out on Monday. Would welcome any views. (am going either way since the misses has booked a nice hotel :-)

thanks,
Wim

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I was there last September. Couldn’t find any major fault with it. As always in Italy, the most important thing is that you let them know you are coming. Then, they will be very accomodating. Fees were about 60€. No Avgas (use Figari for that). No mention of Zika. Very little paperwork.

A few pics here.

Have just dropped them a note to see if handling is mandatory

Yes, but they will probably not understand. After you land, they will “take care of you” either way.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Apr 13:50
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks Bosco, I already got this email back from them within the hour.
Good afternnon Win
P.p.r and handling assistance in Alghero are required

In order to assigne it, we need following info:

A/C REG
ETA ZULU TIME AND INCOMING APT
ETD ZULU TIME AND DESTINATION APT
EXPECTED PAX IN/OUT

We remind you that avgas is not avalaible in Aho

Waiting for your request

Brgds

Handling fees all inclusive will be more or less 65 euros

It was my handling in July 2012 (55 EUR all inclusive with a PA32, 3 pax from Figari):

JB
LSGB, LSGS

That’s excellent :-)

We got excellent service. Parking and handling from Friday morning until today 62 euros. Won’t say what was spent by the spiritual leader in the duty free before exit…

Arrived 09.10 LT Friday morning – all hassle free. Only slight grievance I would have is that they keep you very high even when on the STAR (10K feet until 3 minutes of David on a PELOS 2D arrival) impossible to intercept the GS when not pressurised – so I asked for 1 holding pattern. Also the seagulls are suicidal ;-)

Departure painless and smooth – 80kts headwinds on the way back (on average 40kts) – so I called in a PIREP to warn other light aircraft with less FOB (fuel onboard) ahead of the crossing – Wintem only predicted 25kts.
we had some lovely hikes and great food! PM me if you need details. Can’t seem to post pictures from the ai phone

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 17 Apr 17:34

And an un edited video of the arrival and approach into LIEA

Flew into Alghero again on Sunday – great service. Handling and 1 night parking 53 Euros (2 PAX)… Very friendly and accommodating though a bit slow given the amount of commercial traffic trying to leave after the Easter weekend. For those of you allergic to having to go through security (though it is easy here) steer clear…

Been to Alghero this weekend. All is still valid, thx for comments.
Good answers from ‘[email protected]’ after a couple of hours.
No tiedown available at our pkg position (stand4)
Security shared with commercial pax but accepted liquids and my flight kit knife with only mild queries.
55EUR for 1 pax , 1 day pkg, 1.8t, all inclusive (IFR ARR/ VFR DEP).
No apparent intent to bring avgas back after 6 years without it. LFKF is the only reasonable alternate with AVGAS.
All in all good destination.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message