Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR flight planning issues

Yes; sorry, a Mac will do and apparently Linux also.

It is IOS and Android which have no solution other than RDP over a VPN or some such. It works but is rather painful…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hunnicat wrote:

Did the system send the FPL to all addresses at the same time or did use re-addressing function recommended by Eurocontrol?
That I don’t know. Autorouter doesn’t show the complete final AFTN message, only the flight plan part and the addresses. But considering the general attention to detail by the Autorouter people I would assume they use the “most proper” way of addressing.

If you can, please try pure VFR.

Autorouter doesn’t do pure VFR. SkyDemon does. I’ll be back with a test.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Hunnicat

Garmin/EuroFPL/SkyDemon/AutoRouter are using this AFTN address the same for all four applications – KBLIHAEX.

autorouter never uses the above method, we have our own AFTN gateway. SkyDemon and Garmin Pilot (VFR) use EuroFPL which is KBLIHAEX.

autorouter has its own flight plan addressing engine with a custom rules language (https://www.autorouter.aero/wiki/flight-plan-addressing/). We coded the ENR 1.11 of all supported countries which we keep up to date and expand gradually. At this point, we do not allow normal users to file flight plans that do not have an IFR segment in the IFPS zone but the functionality is there and will eventually find its way into the public product.

VFR flight plans are a messy business but one can do better than the products mentioned. What is totally out of line is the Dutch position — I don’t think one should comply, it’s way too ridiculous.

PS: while autorouter won’t file pure VFR, it can give you the addressing : https://www.autorouter.aero/wiki/flight-plan-addressing/fpal-parse-flight-plan/

Last Edited by achimha at 16 Jun 12:07

achimha wrote:

What is totally out of line is the Dutch position — I don’t think one should comply, it’s way too ridiculous.

What is the Dutch position?

The Dutch want everything faxed to their ARO only and let them code the addressing for subsequent distribution.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

achimha wrote:

autorouter never uses the above method, we have our own AFTN gateway. SkyDemon and Garmin Pilot (VFR) use EuroFPL which is KBLIHAEX.

thanx. Aer you able to check older FPLs?

LZIB

dublinpilot wrote:

The Dutch want everything faxed to their ARO only and let them code the addressing for subsequent distribution.

because of the bad experience and problems with CFSPs

LZIB

dublinpilot wrote:

So what happens if you make an international VFR flight arriving in the Netherlands and file your flight plan with an ARO in the country of departure? They still want the flight plan filed separately with them by fax?

(I’m glad I have an IR…)

If you file FPL at LZIB departing EHXX, we will check the FPL and send it via AFTN only to EHAM ARO who is responsible for distribution.Airborne_Again wrote:

So what happens if you make an international VFR flight arriving in the Netherlands and file your flight plan with an ARO in the country of departure? They still want the flight plan filed separately with them by fax?

LZIB

I see RocketRoute actually provides ACK’s for VFR filing into to the Netherlands, found this article after searching for VFR Filing Netherlands: https://www.rocketroute.com/blog/dutch-vfr-filing-update-now-with-an-acknowleldgement

Sign in to add your message