Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Survey for VFR route planning

Hello all,

Which factors have an influence on route planning for VFR flights?
This is one of the questions I would like to answer in my Master thesis. By answering the survey, which will take about 10 to 15 minutes, you will help me to accomplish that.

English: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/routeplanningforVFRflights
German: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/routenplanungfuerVFRfluege

Thank you in advance for your help.
Amelie Sonntag

Done. Good luck with your thesis!

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Amelie – could you post more details of what you are trying to research?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Persons, who just appear hear to make a survey, don’t get any support from my side

Last Edited by Tigerflyer at 14 Sep 13:06
EDWF, Germany

I have completed it. I guess Jeppesen are looking for some product feature input.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I also completed it. I’ll make one comment: it’s difficult to prioritize what is
important in flight planning. Most of the listed factors are important, like terrain, weather and where you want to go…. The decision making process simultaneously considers multiple factors; you don’t tick them off in order of importance.

Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

Most of the listed factors are important, like terrain, weather and where you want to go…. The decision making process simultaneously considers multiple factors; you don’t tick them off in order of importance.

I disagree. If there are thunderstorms, I am not going, no matter what the terrain or how nice the cities are.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

If there are typical isolated thunderstorms, like it is normal for European summer, I will fly. Otherwise I’d not fly much in the summer. I will not fly through TS fronts. Never.

Tigerflyer wrote:

Persons, who just appear hear to make a survey, don’t get any support from my side

Why not if this is a hub for European GA.

EGTK Oxford

Is the survey really for the Master and what background does she has. She appeared in a german forum as well, also with no background information about her or her work. I say it direktly, I don’t like this introduction, starting with a survey. But that’s me

EDWF, Germany
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message