Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Resource - Map of Customs Airfields in Europe (merged)

LFOK can be updated to having customs around the clock. Received this from Metz douane today:

Le service des douanes est présent en permanence 24h à Vatry

Also, you have a small typo in the email address for Customs. it should be: [email protected]

Last Edited by Morgan at 30 May 12:24
EGKB

There might be hidden cost out of hours.
I was quoted the other day (night arrival):
200 Euros for out of hours fuel
150 euros for AFIS

You might want to check with casa at parisvatry dotcom what the costs might be and if the AFIS is mandatory. I didn’t inquire about it as I didn’t want to pay the 200 euros for fuel anyway (that is on top of the actual cost of the fuel)

Thanks – I’ll actually be arriving before 10pm local so tower should still be operating.

EGKB

denopa wrote:

Regarding Pontoise being a temporary PoE during the airshow at Le Bourget, there is so far no sign of it in the NOTAMs…

There is now…

B3300/17 NOTAM
Q) LFFF/FZCS/IV/NBO / A /000/999/4905N00201E
A) LFPT
B) 2017-06-14 00:00 C) 2017-06-25 23:59

E) TEMPORARY OPENING OF A BORDER CROSSING POINT FOR EXTRA-SCHENGEN
FLIGHTS DUE TO 52ND INTERNATIONAL SHOW OF SPACE AND AERONAUTICS OF
PARIS LE BOURGET (SIAE) :
– 14 TO 22 JUNE : 1130-1430
– 23 TO 25 JUNE : 1030-1530.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 13 Jun 17:00
LFPT, LFPN

Many of you are aware of the OnlineGAR list of french customs airfields. Since launch we’ve had a huge number of contributions, including french airfields emailing in their info. Despite the fact that the AIP “Should” be correct, we keep finding conflicting information, so this is a useful resource. As ever, usual disclaimers, check AIP, call airfield, etc.

I’ve now added a map – i personally find this rather useful, as if I’m planning a route to spain, and i want to find somewhere about half way, it’s nice to see a graphical map of customs airfields.

The main missing information here I believe is “Are they GA friendly” or “Are they going to break the bank”. If anyone else thinks this is useful, we could include a “Typical Price” index that respresents a standard GA aircraft landing and parking for 1 night. Some help compiling this would be nice if people think it would be useful.

URL is : https://www.onlinegar.com/frenchcustoms.olg
Then click link for map. To save you having to click your mouse (I know it can be an effort…) Here’s a screenshot. If you use the real link you can zoom in and hover your mouse to see the airfield name.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Upon first inspection, it is frankly a bit misleading, due to the missing distinction between customs and immigration.

There are several airfields in France where you can do customs, but no immigration.

I understand this list is written for people
coming from the UK (interested in immigration), but then the table should rather be titled as such.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It would be useful to have the detailed input on the airfields which are customs only. This page would be a great one to put here under Resources.

A previous project like this is here and the map is here but it looks like the author is no longer updating it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for this helpful map.

As of the 12 October 2017 AIP revision (which seems to have just missed the current cycle of Garmin Pilot chart updates), Annemasse LFLI is back to:

Douanes / Customs : PN : 1HR
E-mail : [email protected]

Alhamdulillah !

And incidentally, customs “facilities” were available to and from Switzerland last month. We were given a friendly police ramp-check on arrival from La Côte. I confessed that we were smuggling Scottish air in our bushwheels and they seemed happy to take my word for it.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

As of the 12 October 2017 AIP revision (which seems to have just missed the current cycle of Garmin Pilot chart updates), Annemasse LFLI is back to:

Douanes / Customs : PN : 1HR
E-mail : [email protected]

Well, no. That’s what it said previously as well. The possibility to pass customs at Annemasse has never been withdrawn.

Also, AIP data unfortunately is unreliable for this kind of information. But this notwithstanding, the way these things are documented is poor indeed.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

What would be great would be a list of the differences. I think it is only a handful of airports, and it would be a great resource to have here on EuroGA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message