Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Some shots from conversion training

So training now over with 3175nm flown. Really enjoying the plane. Attached are some photos.

CBs at FL290

More CB

SynVis over alps looks bumpy

Random mountain shot

Charles de Gaulle airport from FL280

[edited to add blank lines around images]

EGTK Oxford

Jason, This just isn't fair for us ordinary mortals, the majority of the forumites.. We have to plough through, well around, all these CB's. Great shots though..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

It shows you how powerful they were that we were also having to go around them. They went up to around FL300+.

EGTK Oxford

Jason, thank you for the pictures! I had a detailed look at the G1000. 270kt TAS is pretty impressive and at that altitude the fuel flow is reasonable. How long do you take to climb up there? I'm not an expert but doesn't RVSM start at FL290 included? It seems that the cabin has not been altered from the piston planes. Do you really have to fly with the 10000ft warning when operating at FL290 or the advertised FL300?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

It takes 20 minutes to 280. Yes, we asked for 290 mostly to do it but also to help a little with weather avoidance. We just asked negative RVSM and it was granted. The German controllers were very helpful and we were just descended when in Italian airspace. Yes, you have a CAS warnings when cabin is over 10k and a red alert if it goes over 12k. Over 12k it assumes you are unconscious and goes into emergency pressurisation/bleed air mode as well.

TAS is good but our torque needs adjusting. Should be getting 275 at that alt with a little more fuel flow.

Interestingly (and you may already know this) the G1000 logs all flights so I have thousands of data points per flight.

Last thing that was interesting was that twice on the descent we were told 2500ft/min or greater. Which is easy to do but I have never seen that sort of ROD given as an instruction to me before.

EGTK Oxford

It is common for airliners to be assigned such descents - or climbs

20mins to FL280 is not bad... it takes me 30mins to get to FL160.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes. The Eurocontrol computer obviously has a very different profile set up for the TP.

The data logging allows you to use the Cirrusreports site to do this:

Log of flight from EDDB to LIMG

EGTK Oxford

Just at the departure, there's a 100A spike. That's roughly 2.5kW. Where does this amount of electrical power go? Do you have some extra heavy duty pitot heaters?

LSZK, Switzerland

Aha. Well, think about what that could be. Have I moved at all at that point?

EGTK Oxford

Nice pics! Moving into that regime of flying is a whole different ballgame as I learned when I traded up from the Caravan to the Citation. I feel lucky to have a job flying the jet, but you're fortunate to have such a nice toy all to yourself. Enjoy it!

The lesser mortal that I am, my own private flying currently consists of an ultralight... I enjoy both types of flying though, they're so very different.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma
18 Posts
Sign in to add your message