Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Backup for Autorouter

DCT SITET A34 KOVAK H20 DOMOD A3 NEV R31 MTL A3 MIRSA L127 ELB M729 GILIO Q195 GIKIN L865 ANC M730 SPL SPL5N validates with Aeroplus Flightplan

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

On the Aeroplus website it says

so I wonder whether it is a real backup for Autorouter AG. They offer a “Gramet” and GAR filing so my guess is that they use the Autorouter API also.

It will be interesting what Foreflight do, if they ever offer autorouting in Europe. They will have to use RR. Does any app use RR for IFR? I know EasyVFR uses RR for VFR FP filing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It will be interesting what Foreflight do, if they ever offer autorouting in Europe. They will have to use RR. Does any app use RR for IFR? I know EasyVFR uses RR for VFR FP filing.

ForeFlight uses Aviation Cloud for auto route. It is only available with the a performance subscription. For lower subscription levels, one could always cut and paste a route into ForeFlight.

KUZA, United States

Peter wrote:

They already offer autorouting. Uses AviationCloud.

EGTK Oxford

Yes; at $400/year it would appear.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Yes; at $400/year it would appear

For one region, it is $299. The only regions currently defined are US and Canada and include the government approach and enroute charts. Outside the US/Canada, approach and enroute charts are not provided except thru a Jeppesen subscription. So today you select either US or Canada as a region and if both are desired, then there is an extra $100. Never know what might happen in the future, but that is the way it is priced today.

KUZA, United States

Hi,
there is still Blitzplan.de for FPL autorouting. It is for profit but as far as I know very reliable and fast. You register for free and buy some credits for filing.
In the typical case in need for a backup, far away and lonely and with homegeteritis, I would consider them. There seems to be even still a dial-in version.

Just my 2 Eurocent.

Thomas

EDLP

I think RocketRoute is a great tool well worth paying for.

THY
EKRK, Denmark

THY wrote:

I think RocketRoute is a great tool well worth paying for.
You have very obviously not tried autorouter yet

Friedrichshafen EDNY

I have tried autorouter and considering it’s free for end users it’s an excelent tool. I especially like it through garmin pilot. I also assume this is where autoroutes makes money? But as the overall package I like rocket route better + I like the iOS app.. So for now I consider it money well spend. But Its great we have more than one choice.

THY
EKRK, Denmark
Sign in to add your message