Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFLP - Annecy

That one is French too

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

None of this says SEP IFR is prohibited…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

So there is no prohibition against SEP IFR, but you need a slot.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hello,
I was planning to have a trip this weekend to Bellegarde-Vouvray LFHN in a Piper Archer II but due to the high temp the performance are quite limit.
Preferring to avoid troubles I think it is wiser to go to Annecy instead.
For the routing to LFHN, following input from @LFHNflightstudent, was AFI-MMD-RLP over the A40 at FL55 and to descend to LFHN below 3500 to remain out of Class C TMA of Geneva

For going to Annecy LFLP it is less clear to me what would be a good routing in VFR. Same planning and remain below 1000ft AGL to duck under Class C Geneva TMA ? Feel this quite low in mountainous terrain ? Ask crossing of the Geneva TMA ? Any chance ?
Any other suggestions ?

Any comments and inputs are thus more than welcome

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

And any info on landing, parking and fuel costs are welcome as well….

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Annecy is a nice and easy destination. In the picture below (taken some years ago when I still could get the permission to fly over the airfield with a drone), you can see the fuel station and the surrounding area. If you are coming in VFR, you might be requested to stay low to avoid Geneva airspace, which should not be a problem to get into Annecy below 5000 ft or otherwise just ask for a transit through the Geneva TMA. The waterfront at the lake offers some nice restaurants. If the weather is good and you want to fly around, you could visit Annemasse or fly over the lake towards the mountains into the valley towards Albertville, then towards Chambery e.g. for lunch in their airport restaurant. The valley is wide enough to be able to make 360s. For landing at Albertville, you need permission, which you can easily get from Alex Combes from Aeroclub Trois Vallee, who is based there. Enjoy your trip.

EDLE, Netherlands

I last went there in 2016. They kept piston GA away from the wealthy bizjet clients

Very friendly and efficient, as is typical of bizjet airports. Parking was €1 per hour. In the winter there is a huge surcharge for weekend movements but you can park there over the weekend. I suggest a phone call for the current info.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In summer, i would ask for taxi to the aeroclub and try to park there depending on the number of days you are staying there. It’s never really an issue and you might get away without paying the landing and parking fee…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

@JFW, I’m looking forward to your report as I’m planning to visit the airport in september.

Last Edited by jvdo at 25 Jul 16:17
EBMO, EBKT
Sign in to add your message