Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFLP - Annecy

Thanks for your inputs.

I made a trip report here.

@jvdo Very easy trip. If you have questions just pm me.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Hello,

I plan a trip in the area of LFLP the comming week-end. Arrival planned on Friday 05/04 and departure on Monday 08/04.
On the VAC I read:

Reception of non-based aircraft: mandatory request forground handling on MyHandling portal (https://cy.myhandlingsoftware.com) for:
- any aircraft weighing 3 t or more
- any aircraft on weekends from 01 December to 15 April.

I am not fully sure how to interpret this. My understanding is that it is not applicable to me as I come on Friday & leave on Monday.
Quite important question as with handling there is a fee of 200€ per night according to the handling pricelist:

During winter season (December the 1st to April the 18th), a night stop fees will be charged for any aircraft parked for the night. The amount is 200.00 € EX VTA per night (Friday and Saturday nights only).

jfw

It’s a while since I went there but it was as you say: avoid a weekend movement and it was ok. So landing on Friday and leaving on Monday was ok.

But best to phone them; the number will be in the AIP. A very well organised airport.

They parked me a long way from the (not at all full) main apron, presumably so the bizjet clients didn’t see “little planes”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes you can do it by email, but it’s still expensive on weekends in the ski season, IF you can get space which is in no way guaranteed. And this is not some Greek “I cannot be bothered” sad bureaucrat thing, they do get full. If your aircraft can take it, they may have space on the grass.

EGTF, LFTF

I am really surprised they are blocking parking overnight at weekends. Last time I did that, they parked me here, with the tail overhanging onto the grass

There was very little GA activity there… Loads of space. I suggest phoning them up.

Tip writeup from 2015.

Administrator

@denopa well my question was more is handling mandatory for less than 2t mtow if I come on Friday and leave on Monday. I understand form your answer that you would say « yes » why my reading is rather « no »… I will call to check otherwise I will go to LFHN being VFR anyway…

jfw

It’s not but you have a supplementary charge on weekends, so it’s expensive.

EGTF, LFTF

They almost double the apron capacity 1,5 year ago.
All the grass left of the fuel station on Peter picture as been constructed.

However they didn’t change their policy on fees and still are the most expensive airport in the French alps.
Plus the fact that in winter they can only handle 2 IFR approach per hour, this airport is a pain…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Instead of debating this, somebody ought to phone them and get the real current info I would phone them but it is probably too late now.

What has happened to the €1/hour parking cost of about 3 years ago? That wasn’t cheap, but was ok for parking for 3 nights to go skiing at Grand Bornand – a hobby which is not cheap either

Administrator

To be fair to Annecy, if my understanding is correct, the 2 approaches per hour limit is more a function of Chambery’s capacity.

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message