Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good way to access plates and weather

Not sure if people have seen this but the free RocketRoute site www.rrwx.com allows quick access to weather and plates for a specific ICAO code.

EGTK Oxford

Thanks, I was aware of rocketroute, but this is good... BTW, when talking about easy access - with my less than basic level of php programming I had created this www.orlita.net/m - simple way to look at few metars nad tafs without need to typing icao codes, no graphics, just data. Perfect for quick overview on small display of some smartphones, can we easily modified for "route pack". Inspired by mymetar.com disappearing few years ago. All you need is php enabled web hosting, if someone wants source code, just let me know.

LKKU, LKTB

Michal, I'll be happy to take look at it.. perhaps Peter can send my details to you?

Thanks in advance!

Sent.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice page but would not trust it for the NOTAM part. Made a test for LSGS and there's quite a few missing, especially the one about the field being PPR due to work on apron.

files sent to Martin, have fun.

re: NOTAMs - my two cents I learned last year. We all remember there are several categories of NOTAMs - at least we were told this during PPL ground school and we all forgot. The issue I identified last year with Czech ANSP (and which might be the case for others) that they are importing all the NOTAMs for neighbouring countries only and the international NOTAMs for rest of Europe/world. I understand this is a manual work there is nothing like a europewide database maintained. The issue is that some countries are not releasing NOTAMs for small airfields in the international series but only in "domestic" series. Obviously something inherited from the past, before EU/Schengen times - the international traffic can´t fly to Bovec anyway, so why to have their NOTAM transmitted to whole world....

LKKU, LKTB
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message