Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Epernay LFSW

Anyone have any advice, or tales of woe/joy, about landing here? Rumour has it that a nearby chateau used to collect people in a Rolls Royce from the airfield, but I think it’s closed for refurb…?

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

LFSW. Reserved to based aircraft. You may try to contact the operator and get permission to land.

LFPT, LFPN

Don’t know about anything close to Epernay, but the one with the chateau and the Rolls Royce used to be Chateau de la Chassagne, in Burgundy (close to Dijon). The airstrip next to it has been closed for almost ten years now and won’t come back (golf course now).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve landed there last summer. Pleasant and welcoming airfield, grass only, in reasonable condition. Auto pump (Total card). You can park on concrete. No tower or Air/Ground, so self announce in French.

EGTF, LFTF

LFSW is ouvert a la CAP by the way.

Thanks to all. Presumably the auto pump takes ordinary credit cards too – or is that foolish thinking…?

jgmusic

boscomantico wrote:

LFSW is ouvert a la CAP by the way.

But restricted to based aircraft – so need permission from operator.

LFPT, LFPN

jgmusic wrote:

Thanks to all. Presumably the auto pump takes ordinary credit cards too – or is that foolish thinking…?

Foolish

I have however observed that TOTAL has started upgrading the pumps and card readers now, and the new card readers do accept ordinary credit cards (at least Mastercard/VISA), and do have a touch screen with English user interface.

LFPT, LFPN

I would say no. Not a single word about that in the VAC or NOTAM.

Thanks. All good things to know!

jgmusic
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message